Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

My new site.

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

My new site.

Post by C2 Scientist »

Scientist's research & development

Well, I thought you might want to know, where to get that dronepack I was talking about in Econo's topic. You can find the car physics tutorial there too, and track editing tutorial will be there after couple of days.

The site hasn't any other stuff for now.

Thanks.

Tags:
Econobrick
Stucco

Re: My new site.

Post by Econobrick »

i just got your drone pack...neat stuff! keep it up!

--------------------

beware of sporlax event!
http://mb.polygonized.com
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Thanks, Econo! You also make cool drones, and you keep it up too! (the "installer" was quite interesting, wasn't it? I just made it, because all the cars used same window- and bottom-textures, and that way you didn't have to download those textures many times)

I guess you have already noticed the speed of that Camaro and Corvette.... well, check the license plate of the Corvette!

By the way, I had accidentally written "Econobrick's C2 page" in links-box. Don't worry, I've corrected it now. (Econobrick's Carmageddon page) My apologies, I was writing the links too fast!

Anyway, this is for all others: Econo wrote the parts for the tutorial, and you'll get it on Tuesday! (At least I'll try to)
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Ah, funky, a site... so, Tuesday, you reckon? Be sure to notify Deep Blue, he's after a track tutorial. Keep it up!
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

I don't understand...

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Lumberjack ]
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

I'm supposed to be bypassing my proxy for this address...

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Lumberjack ]
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

OK, it's there. And so is another thing: A new power-up pack. It's just modified versions of the original power-ups, but they are fun anyway. Here's a list of them:
- Extra ride height
- Magnetic personality
- Bounce charger
- Find your own path
- Blazing fast opponents
- Hurricane-spring device
- Mortars (launches differently)

Go ahead and try them: only 0.006 MB.

Tell me here if you liked those two. Thanks.
Axle
AGP66MHz, Chong, Audio Addiction

Post by Axle »

Very nice, I like the track tut. I just emailed the lead programmer of C2 about individual wheel control and powerup macros.
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

If I recall right, Dr. Kevin Martin did the physics stuff for C2. Or something.
Axle
AGP66MHz, Chong, Audio Addiction

Post by Axle »

Oh, btw, would you like a short vague explanation of friction angles? I saw that was the only thing you weren't sure about in your tut.
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Sorry, but I still don't know exactly how they work, I just knew those example values.

I just know that the bigger the values are, the more friction the wheels have. And the values could be for going forward and backward, I don't know...

I don't know if those physics programmers visit here at all, or anyone from Stainless... but I'm a new one in here, and I don't know who is behind all those names. Anyway, they would know best what trigger does something, and it would be nice to know if those gurus even read our posts. (This board is about their game(s), after all!) But as I said, I'm a new one here.

[ July 21, 2002: Message edited by: C2 Scientist ]
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Hey! Wouldn't it make more sense to put the tuts up as pages on the site, rather than as downloads? Or maybe both... hehe, anyway, just getting your track tut, gonna see if I understand any of it (which I'm sure I will, judging by your last tut).
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

For easy updating maybe, but they'll save some money (phone bills) as downloads. Was that updating your point?

One more thing: I'm wondering, how many C2 players were actually interested and waiting for my track tutorial, since cars are interesting so much people... anyway, thanks to Axle, Cesm and Lumberjack so far for letting me know they have read it! (And others for sharing their knowledge for the tutorial, of course!)

[ July 23, 2002: Message edited by: C2 Scientist ]
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Actually, I meant that because the tutorials are in html format, it would have made more sense to have them as pages on your site. If you had both, people could see what it was about before downloading the zip (and perhaps that way save themselves even more on the phone bill, if they decided they didn't actually want the tut after all!)
And yes, I read a little of the tut, but then life got a bit hectic, I've got a lot of organising to do here! What I read was good... the first few pages. Will get back to that when I return from my travels!
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Actually, I meant that because the tutorials are in html format, it would have made more sense to have them as pages on your site. If you had both, people could see what it was about before downloading the zip (and perhaps that way save themselves even more on the phone bill, if they decided they didn't actually want the tut after all!)
And yes, I read a little of the tut, but then life got a bit hectic, I've got a lot of organising to do here! What I read was good... the first few pages. Will get back to that when I return from my travels!
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

One of the best tips was to scale down and up the track in order to use Cared.
btw. your dronepack is cool, lots of european cars.

[ July 23, 2002: Message edited by: Savage-Elve ]

--------------------

http://savage-elve.dk3.com/

:)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(:

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

I guess you could even try scale of 1/100, so the movement won't be so quick when you move the mouse a bit. Especially useful when you open the original tracks: scale it into 1/100 right after loading, and you can spin it around easily. (=slowly enough)

I'm glad you liked the dronepack. I'll start doing a new pack soon, after I have finished my noncars: I've done over 60 by now, plus over 10 solid houses, and I hope the game doesn't have anything against that there are over 70 noncars in the same track, because that's the amount I'm gonna use! So you'll see some detail in my tracks. (And I won't use the original noncars of the game, except a waste bin)
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

mmh, interesting:
Can't you justr put some rpeview pix either here or on your site of you track?

--------------------

C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

No, because if you have read my track tutorial, you 'll remember the steps of track making: (These aren't exactly what I wrote)

1. Noncars will be done separately
2. Simple surface will be made
3. Textures will be mapped

So I haven't done much of my track, because I'm still doing my separate objects. But don't think it'll take forever to get it ready: Once I've done the separate objects, I just have to make the simple surface (that doesn't take long), and then just insert the separate objects. (Which includes trees, signs and even houses, because a lot of houses in here look almost like the same)

Unfortunately my studies are beginning again after two weeks, and it will slow me down in my project... which is a shame.

BTW, you have made a track too, how did you proceed when making it?

Oh, and for all of you: there's a drivable car on my site. (It's very rare for me to make drivable cars, you know)
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

First i created the roads, then filled the spaces bewteen and around those roads with landscape.
Then satret skinning, then imported many non-cars, all taken from existing, native C2 tracks. (Because I don't want to clutter up other people's non-cars folders for every race they download, , had to skin them myself anyways.).
Then started to edit the .txt file.
Now I'm keep a non-preprocessod copy of the track, so everytime I want to improve it, or work on it, I copy back these three files and start editing.

--------------------

C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Ok, that order was what I thought too.

Should I make some program, which moves my 70+ noncars' textfiles to some sub-folder, so they wouldn't mess up that noncar-directory?
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

It'sn not that bad, 'cluttering' up the non-cars folder. It's just that I have installed that non-cars pack for the C1 levels and can't keep track of the originals anymore, so I don't know what people have on their computer.
You could include a file-list in the readme of your track

--------------------

Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

That's a good idea... or perhaps name them with 'addon' or something in the name.

Check who’s online