Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Better blood splats for peds?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Cyanosis
pedestrian

Post by Cyanosis »

I'm using the FX Pack to put in better blood puddles and smears but I haven't found anything to replace the annoyingly bright cartoon red blood impacts.
Gunsmith
driver

Post by Gunsmith »

FX pack?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

There are two FX packs: C2Scientist's and Yfrid's. If you have one, maybe try the other?

Or you could use the blood fx from the old Carma-Life2 mod, I had extracted the blood decals from HL2. I guess I could put an FX pack together out of it one of these days.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Cyanosis
pedestrian

Post by Cyanosis »

Yfrid's link appears to be down. I actually recently checked out Razor's old Hi-Res mod and it has exactly what I was looking for. I'll check out Carma-Life2 sometime though, thanks!
Chimieltje
mechanic

Post by Chimieltje »

Hi, I am quite new here since a few minutes . My name is Chimieltje.

I wonder if there is a better blood patch than the C2Scientist's and Yfrid's...

I have bought the original UK Zombie release, now excellent Running on windows 10with the carma2fix for windows 10. Only I cannot get the blood right as i want it to be..

The C2S patch does make it a blood puddle and red skid marks , but the tiny splatters which come out of the zombies are still green. Even if I apply the human ped pack which works, the micro splatters are green.

Yfrids patch does not work, i have copied the files and edited the text files as in the readme, but the game wouldn't load it at all.. it crashes.

I have tried some other bloodpatches too but the green slime splat won't go away. most blood patches looks like spaghetti sauce.. (only without balls)

Any suggestions to make it more and realistic bloody (without green slime!!) or is the zombie uk release not the release for converting..

(i am thinking about to search the original bloody us version at ebay or somehow)

edit 1) or shall i wait for the fxpack out of the carma2life mod? i don't know yet how to extract correct blood from that ;)

edit 2) i found luckiky somewhere a blood patch (forgot the name but after applying it.. all blood looks better/fine but now the green splatters turn out to be very big white unrealistic chunks like chickenlegs..

Cheers.
Chimieltje
mechanic

Post by Chimieltje »

For now i fixed it with the original bloodpatch (ped chunks filesfor the giblets taken from the carmageddon patch from the specials cd zombie/blood/alien exe) and the tiff images of the above packages

now the yellow stuff seems gone
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hello Chimieltje, good to read you found your way around that blood problem. I don't know what you meant by "carma2 fix for win10", but dont forget there's the Super Patch V3 (GOG Patch) that enhances things a bit further (find it here). It shouldn't overwrite FX mods by the way.

Speaking of which, I did a little package with only the visual and sound FX from Carma-Life². I still don't think it suits C2 but if you're interested it's right here. Pay attention it overwrites GENERAL.TXT and PEDS\SETTINGS.TXT.

When you install such mods, especially if the mod is old, it is sometimes necessary to remove the original PIX16 folder: the mods include TIFF image files within tiffrgb folders, but the game will only convert them to the PIX format inside the PIX16 folder if the TIFF file date is more recent than its PIX counterpart. So if the mods files are older than your last modifications, the game disregards them and you have to delete the PIX16 folder to force it to generate the files again. (hope you follow me) (and I only mean the PIX16 folders impacted by the mods you install, not all of them)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online