Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Decided to speedrun this game

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
baltoboulbobbi
pedestrian

Post by baltoboulbobbi »

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I didn't watch it all and you say it's far from optimized, but it's already impressive as it is. Good job!

Would also be nice to have a community effort to try and make a speedrun.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
baltoboulbobbi
pedestrian

Post by baltoboulbobbi »

After some more practice I managed to go down to 2:40:20. Only two big changes; an extra upgrade run in group 5, and a new strat for the desert races.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

I love to speedrun. This is quite impressive, wasn't expect the Thunderbucket to make the best car for this.

Have you looked up all the powerup spawnpoints? I mean one Solid Granite Car (even RNG ones) could make each race extremely short. Otherwise youré quite dependents on the A.I.

I did see you avoid using the recover button, is that for a specific reason?

It is impressive so far! MIght have to test ILs to find out the best route for each level, if you have enough time for that :P.

You can submit your run here; https://www.speedrun.com/carmageddon_two/full_game . It's as official as you can get.
baltoboulbobbi
pedestrian

Post by baltoboulbobbi »

I just broke the 2:30:00 barrier (by less than a second!)

Fireman wrote:I love to speedrun. This is quite impressive, wasn't expect the Thunderbucket to make the best car for this.

Have you looked up all the powerup spawnpoints? I mean one Solid Granite Car (even RNG ones) could make each race extremely short. Otherwise youré quite dependents on the A.I.

I did see you avoid using the recover button, is that for a specific reason?

It is impressive so far! MIght have to test ILs to find out the best route for each level, if you have enough time for that :P.

You can submit your run here; https://www.speedrun.com/carmageddon_two/full_game . It's as official as you can get.

You are right, I haven't memorized all the good powerup locations yet. I mostly pick up the double/triple ones like the double repulsificator at the fairground and beaver mountains, and of course the amazing acme damage modifier in group 4 race 2, and the granite car to kill big plow.

Not sure what you mean by not using the recover button, I feel like I use it quite a lot.

I'm going to submit this one to speedrun.com. didn't submit the previous one due to the "cheat" at uss lweinsky. My latest run is Clean.

Check who’s online