Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Computer wont recognize Carmageddon 2 install disc

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
seriousbaker
pedestrian

Post by seriousbaker »

Whenever I put the install disc in, my computer recognizes it as an audio cd and can only open it with a media player and play the game tracks.

If I open the install disc and try running install.exe I get the error "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 or x64 version of the program, and then contact the software publisher".

I'm running Windows 7. I've tried running install.exe in compatibility mode for Win 98 and Win XP SP3 and get the same error.

Does anyone know how I can get the setup running?
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Learn how to use Dosbox but if you goto gog.com you can actually buy a working version of that game, Happy times :P
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

DOSBox won't be of a great help to try and install a Windows installer... :)

GOG indeed put a good version together etc.

However as you already have a paid copy, personaly I'd rather suggest to simply download the Vanilla C2 mini-pack and install nGlide, then you should be good to go.

Oh and apply the V3 patch upon the pack too.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
andreas aspenberg
mechanic

Post by andreas aspenberg »

try to run setup.exe. nglide is not needed as the game runs perfectly with direct 3d. the cd check is a mess however so it will crash if you have a cd in the drive.

Check who’s online