Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Music, the darn MUSIC

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Wojt
pedestrian

Music, the darn MUSIC

Post by Wojt »

It's been milleniums since I started playing this game and to this date I haven't heard a bit of its music.

That's pretty much it. There is no solution in troubleshooting or over the internet.

Playing the game with CD or not doesn't make difference. I played on Win98 & XP. Now xp only.

Where should music files be anyways?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Music, the darn MUSIC

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Either buy the GOG or Steam releases, they come with music. Or use the GOG Patch v3 with your copy.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Wojt
pedestrian

Music, the darn MUSIC

Post by Wojt »

I believe it actually works.. that was the patch I was looking for, thanks,

are those all music tracks from the game?

Btw. hacks are turned off in default in this patch? I copied everything expect the data files.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Music, the darn MUSIC

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hacks are applied, that's the point of the patch. Music being restored is a hack for example.

Also you want to copy the data files (larger original textures, fixed Eagle 3 model).
Wojt
pedestrian

Music, the darn MUSIC

Post by Wojt »

What I'd like to know if there are any cheats which alter the game, for example pedestrians started to run slower with stopping and I really want to fix it. I'll try the data files
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Music, the darn MUSIC

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Nothing in this patch alters the gameplay at all, the included readme lists the changes. Pedestrians being funky is another matter we haven't been able to fix :(
Wojt
pedestrian

Music, the darn MUSIC

Post by Wojt »

I'm mistaking hacks for mods and now original issues for glitches (weird pedestrians run), I haven't played this game for a bit... I'm still glad I'm able to hear the music (well I don't like Iron Maiden for sure, instrumentals are better) and hmm, the only bug I have is partial lack of sounds, gets fixed for a moment when I change sound detail settings, problem with my soundcard I guess but not sure. Really good job with peds & cars tho

Check who’s online