Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

I blew my load, only to get depressed

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
SANNIII11
pedestrian

Post by SANNIII11 »

So after a week now i finally realized that Carma2 was in my steam library, now i had been waiting for this day for god knows how long, my childhood game, was the first thing out of the mcdonalds click shit or puttputt i had played, and i loved it. So naturally I was stoked to see it there only to launch it and then remember that i dont have a numpad. Now this razor deathstalker ultimate looks cool and all but really, its a piece of shit. So now here i am writing this post that i blew me load got uber hyped to only realize i dont have a numpad, and the other control options i couldnt work my head around. ever. funny really.

On a side note. Who the fuck was the genius that thought instead of the audio file being alienscream_0216 they had it alienscreem_0216. I'm just looking for a valid excuse to why someone couldn't type properly, it made me laugh at least. Stainless games, lazy since 1997 :P
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

I hear you... I once had to play on a numpadless keyboard too. But I just changed the key config to have driving on uh... I can't remember, but they were the last four letters on the keyboard, before return (these vary between keyboard regions). Give that a shot, and after a few minutes, you won't even miss the numpad! Remember you aren't forced to use the four preset controls options, you can click on a control in the list (it's kinda finicky) and remap it.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
jimmy1333
mechanic

Post by jimmy1333 »

DONT GET DEPRESSED!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2803365/Keymap_0.txt

REPLACE Keymap_0 (which is in the carmageddon/Data folder)

Done!!

More info: http://www.gog.com/forum/carmageddon_series/how_to_binding_keys_in_carmageddon_2
andreas aspenberg
mechanic

Post by andreas aspenberg »

you could just buy a keyboarf. that would fix your problem.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

The "Keymap_0.txt" linked above have all camera controls set to Shift key...

To bind keys for C1 and C2 use Carma Key Binder (link at the top). You can also try the included keymap_2.txt and keymap_3.txt.

Just remember to set one key for one function. Look "Reused" column. Note: some keys are reused by default since those keys are for use with Shift or Control.

For more details read included documentation.

Check who’s online