Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Scamper this way

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
doomandemol
69et01

Re: Scamper this way

Post by doomandemol »

the car your pictured is ponctiac lemans

is game i remenber other car

1 the police car is dodge st regis

2taxi is mercury monach

3 78 caddy sd de ville blue and white

4the 78 regal turbo

5 66 bonneville

and maybe other bonneville late 60 4d

DrJones
hit n run

Post by DrJones »

Yup, the brake and turn lights are actually just round blurred sprites that fade in and out to provide an lights effect.

Is it possible to make detachable hubcaps in Carmageddon 2, to properly replicate that effect from Driver? :smile:
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Never tried it, but I wouldnt think so.. as the entire wheel would fall off.. at least the same principal I am thinking was used to make detachable wheels before.

It would be furthur impossible to have the same effect in driver though, like how they roll down the street, that would be neat though, espcially if you can have that metal rolling hubcap sound. (Not that driver has that, but thinking in general)
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

It is possible, in the same way that you could make one of the double-tires from a truck make fall off.

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Hmm, can't you just group the hubcap to the wheels so it spins and then make it a detachable in the WAM file?
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

There's a bit more to it than that, but it's doable says C2 scientist. He mentioned how to do it, but i just haven't tried it yet.
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

the car your pictured is ponctiac lemans

That's partially right, but the ppl who did driver had no license for the cars and so they modified them here and there ... which means that the rear of that blue car is definitly a '70s Le Mans / GTO, but the front is either an own creation or from another car.

But it would be great if you could do the original '70 Le Mans/GTO, I'd support you with pics, Autopilot.

Here are some samples:

Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

Ugh, that spoiler is a no-no.
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic
Location: - - TDR-2000 - -HIGHLY-DANGEROUS CRAZY MOTHER FUCKER ?

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad: Now Thats A Car ...The 73 Plymouth Scamp Is AWESOME ? It Is Fast And Handles Great. AWESOME Work ? :thumbsup:
Slayer
hit n run

Post by Slayer »

that GTO above is a '71 not a '70... If you want a '70 I did one years ago, not the greatest by today's standards but pretty good and only about 3500 polys

70 GTO

Chrysler FIREpower:) crashoc
doomandemol
69et01

Post by doomandemol »

MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Slayer, shame on me that I totally forgot that one! I was supposed to download it one day ... but since that Fileplanet stuff keeps messing, I didn't visit crashoc that often :sad: .

But yeah, no need to do that car for C2 then, unless a little remake or something like that... if it has a .obj file like your other cars, it would be easy to mod a little here and there ... we'll see.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

I wanted to possibly do a '69 GTO ever since I saw the movie "the punisher".. but I noticed you've made one of those too!

MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

It's hard to find ANY muscle car that hasn't been done `y either Slayer or AdR already :tongue: hehe.

The only ones I still very miss are:

'68/'69 or '71/'73 Road Runners

pre-'73 Novas (a '69 is in progress by me)

'69-'82 Corvettes (if you want to call that a muscle car)

'68-'72 AMC Javelins/AMX

Many others too, of course, but those are real classics so it would be much appreciated to see them in Carma2 one day...

Interested in one, Autopilot? :wink:
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Ive been looking to do a '66 Barracuda before I started the scamp, but its difficult to find good photos of those for some reason. I'd have to say that thats my favorite muscle car. I also like the AMC Marlin too, which ive considered making, but seems to be more of a rarity.

MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

I don't like those Barracudas that much, cause I think they look rather very old-school and more european, don't know, the usual muscle car spirit is somehow missing.

But never the less, if you want to make one, I might find some usable pics...

(that one had really an awful condition)

But you're right, it's rather a rare car, not easy to find bigger front/side/rear pics...
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Those may be good for textures, but not for modelling, as straight frontal pics are preferred ...

I found this one, it's obviously a toy car, but for modelling the shape of the side, it should give a very good blueprint:

autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Yup, perfect front/side/rear shots are prefered, with little perspective as possible, not always easy to find.

I suppose it is more of a weird looking car, but thats probably why I like it so much. I like cars with distinct features, rather than what everyone likes usually, not the best of condition is always a plus too. That huge rear window is great!
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

was there a convertable version of this car?
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

What's the diff between the '65 & '66 'cuda?
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

There is not that much difference. Front ends are the most significant. The '66 front looks like a valiant, while the '65 seems to have its own style. The tail lights are different also. They are round on the 65, more square on '66.

The body is basically the same, but I dont think I could use a '65 photo to make a accurate '66 still.

And there is a convert. version as far as i know, yes.
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

yeah i opened up the car in cxared and cut the roof off, looks koool, buit i dont think it will work in game so meh
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Convert for the scamp you mean? Then no there wasnt, The scamp was only avail in that 2 door version , nothing else. I thought you were talking about the barracuda.
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

ooh no, ok ty lol
Slayer
hit n run

Post by Slayer »

I wouldn't call the '64-'66 barracuda's muscle cars, I like 'em but they were meant to be a sporty economy car when new, many had slant six's and the biggest motor available was 'lil 273.. it was meant to compete against the mustang, although they beat the 'stang to the market by a few months. Same deal with the '73 scamp, %85 of those had slant six's or two barrel 318's with hubcaps and vinyl tops, hardly the stereotypical muscle car stuff. Just cause it was made in the '60 don't make it muscle. A muscle car usually has stripes and badges to go along with the big engine under the hood. And don't get me wrong here, i'm not saying if it isn't considered "muscle" it isn't cool..hell, my favorite cars from the 60's are full-size mopars, furys, newports, 300's and the like, which were Family sedans when new..so there

btw, there was no barracuda 'vert until 1967 when the 2nd gen bodystyle came out.

However there are Valiant convert's which look almost just like a barracuda with the top gone anyways

Chrysler FIREpower:) crashoc

Check who’s online