Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Xbox One Controller on PC lag

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
ow84
pedestrian

Post by ow84 »

I'm using an Xbox One controller in conjunction with PC Windows 10 and there is a lag that makes it unplayable. Sometimes it's 4-5 seconds between me pressing the button and the game responding, whilst all graphics and other performance (except sound) are fine. Sometimes it's only 1 second. Then sometimes it will think I'm holding the analogue stick to turn when I'm not, causing my car to start doing donuts in the game like a proper chav hoonigan that wants to make no progress in the game as he does in life itself.

It did start behaving for about 30 seconds once, but then I pressed (<) *select* button because I was curious what the action replay mode was like, then once I was in that I couldn't get out of it without reaching for the keyboard, and when I finally went back into the game the controllers input was totally shagged once more.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Can anybody help me please?
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

I have also a Xbox one controller (used with bluetooth) and don't have issue with Carmageddon. It won't help You much ... But let You know that it is not a global issue. Are your driver (bluetooth) and controller firmware (3.1.122) up to date?
ow84
pedestrian

Post by ow84 »

Thanks for the reply.

Mine is also connected by Blutooth. My Blutooth USB dongle firmware is up to date, or at least, when I try and manually update driver through device manager Windows tells me it's already up to the most recent version.

Thing is I use my XB1 controller for Battlefront and it works fine when intricately flying X-Wings through canyons or Speeders around the legs of AT-AT walkers so I don't think it's the controller itself. This is the first game I've had trouble with.

I'm wondering whether the alternative method of connecting an XB1 controller may help - the wireless adaptor method, that I'd have to buy said adaptor separately.
ow84
pedestrian

Post by ow84 »

Ok, a quick update, I've just experienced the exact same controller input lag problem on Project Cars. Now I'm no so sure it's C:MD causing the problem... I had a load of trouble with the XB1 controller not staying paired before, so much for Microsoft's "it just works" slogan!
ow84
pedestrian

Post by ow84 »

Ok, another update, I have sorted it - Turned out I needed to download Xbox applications and update the firmware. Works fine now. Such a fun game. Now just need to fix the silent electric car I'm driving!!
ow84
pedestrian

Post by ow84 »

Ok it turns out I haven't sorted it - it was only working properly when I had it hard wired to my PC via USB. When I take the lead out it's still unplayable. I'm wondering whether my Blutooth dongle is the cause because it's a cheap one, or whether the BT transmittor inside the pad is knackered. Going to purchase a proper wireless adaptor cos I don't want to have it plugged in all the time.

Check who’s online