Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Here's One For Ya!

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Jimothey
turbo bastard

Here's One For Ya!

Post by Jimothey »

Greetings

After much anticipation, and waiting around for MD to download I was ready to race, splat and crash my way to victory.

Until, that is, the first checkpoint stampede. Something happens, I'm not entirely sure what, but whether it be a crash into a wall particularly hard, or a mine going off. The road, and in other cases the grass, but not both become unable to drive upon.

I, and other racers just fall through the world, making some checkpoints impossible to get.

This is a tad frustrating as I can't complete the level, I have managed it, through sheer determination and kangeroo pup to bounce my way to the CP.

Just thought you would like to know about this. I will be testing out some theories on this level to see if I can get it to happen again, and what might be the cause.
Carma Killer's Gonna Get You!
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Here's One For Ya!

Post by lemonrev »

get some screen recorder soft ware and screen cap your game, upload the vid and show it off to stainless.

I personally haven't had this issue yet but i will look out for it.
WASP2145X
driver

Here's One For Ya!

Post by WASP2145X »

There are a few things you could try and this goes for anyone else, you will want to back up your save, if you haven't gotten far ingame don't worry about it.

First of all, during the Downloading process some files can become bugged, there is a reason for this but I'll add it in the next paragraph, sometimes Verifying your game cache files can find and fix the bugged files if that is not the case try the following, uninstall Carmageddon Max Damage and delete all folders and files in relation to the game, then reinstall it.

What we download is a copy of a copy, no one copy of the original is the same, the original is most likely on a Disc for backup reasons, they then copy it to an online accessible server, we then download that copy on to our own PC's, during this copying process, files can deteriorate and become bugged, normally re downloading can change your outcome but you need to try to find out, even disc copies of the game suffer from file deterioration.

This post applies to most buggy game related topics, If anyone is posting topics of poor performance, you need to check what your PC can really handle, suggested graphical examples based on GPU Nvidia series - 600 2gb/4gb low, 700 low 2gb to medium 4gb, 900 4gb medium, 10 6gb/8gb series High. I own a 1070GTX 8gb OC Edition and run the game at Maximum.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Here's One For Ya!

Post by Espyo »

WOW, that is insane. I used to love those kind of bugs as a kid.

If you could report this on the Helpdesk, that would be great. Thanks!
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
CrapShoot
mechanic

Here's One For Ya!

Post by CrapShoot »

The only bugs I've seen so far are:

- AMD display driver problem that makes the window manager think something is slow and keeps nagging me what to do (switch to basic colour scheme, ignore once, ignore for the session) so I say it to sod off and everything is fine.

- Audio related weirdness like the hallelujah being too loud or a very short extreme increase of audio/music volume prior to starting a race (after long session).

- vibrating peds/objects.

So no game breaking bugs like you talk about.

Check who’s online