Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Updates!!!

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Junkpile
mindless

Updates!!!

Post by Junkpile »

OK. In a nutshell, Xarathatin & I have had lot's of discussions & meetings for this project over the past few weeks. I THOUGHT I was keeping you all pretty well informed as to what we were discussing & what direction things were going in... After going back over a LOT of posts this morning, I realize that there are some things I've missed. So, this is where I will be posting the outcomes of any future brain-drains between myself & any other member of this team. So check back frequently. Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Junkpile
mindless

Re: Updates!!!

Post by Junkpile »

My brain is a little tired tonight. So, I'll let you guy's know about what I can remember. Another game feature may be introduced to multi player mode. We are kicking around the idea of adding the ability to vocally communicate with others that are playing in the same game. There will be three choices for the communications; "Free for All"; allows communication between all players "Team Link-Up"; allows communication between players that are part of your team ONLY! and, "Dead Zone"; Communications blackout! You're on your own!We are also trying to decide just how editable we should allow this game to be. My thoughts are to keep the editability to a minimum. In other words, Only vehicles & Characters would be able to be created & added to the game. To attempt to secure this, I suggest the added feature of creating our own editor/creator program for the game that would, of course, be packaged with the game.Thats all I can think of for now...Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Re: Updates!!!

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Editability should be pretty much maximized. Keeping to simple creation tools, you can make the game incredibly flexible, both models, maps and powerups could be controlled using simple scripts. Time, placement and everything. Pack it all into a level file, which contains all the stuff you need to work the game, and it is all inclusive. End the end you could make grouped scripts, which govern many pieces, kinda like building blocks.

Check who’s online