Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Ideas Problems Qualms Post Here First

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Xarathatin
hit n run

Ideas Problems Qualms Post Here First

Post by Xarathatin »

Ok I have Been doing a concept for this for about the last 3 months so I have a pretty good idea of what this would look like finished. Beroc and I were working out some beginning ideas. At least before I lost my internet connection and most of my source files I have a really good idea for an opening movie and the game could go on from there. but for now see what you all have as far as ideas. BTW I posted the first 2D pic of a plasma gun that I was going to use in the game that I was talking about earlier. Amazing that everything you want JP is exactly the same thing that Beroc and I were already talking about. : ) that is just cool, glad to know that we are on the same track where this could go. We are all in this for a long time and please don
Junkpile
mindless

Re: Ideas Problems Qualms Post Here First

Post by Junkpile »

What do you all think of this as a little background story for the game?"There was a time, when man & machine were used together strictly for entertainment purposes... That time is done! Now, man relies on his machine for daily survival. After the world was brought to it's knee's and man-kind nearly destroyed itself, many susrvivor's who had wealth or important contacts in the old world, retreated to hastily fortified cities. The Fortified cities are now surrounded by sea's of wasteland. For those survivor's not fortunate enough to gain entry into these cities, life is very harsh. What is left of the street's are now patrolled by ruthless bandit-gang's whose sole reason for raiding is to increase their fleet's of death machine's & supplies.Occasionally, someone from the cities comes out to the wates to try their hand at this "game" of survival. Or, to try to destroy ALL who live on the outside. Feeling that they are all bandit's. Many wastelander's still dream of living in the fortress-cities. But, some wish to destroy them & bring them to their knee's so that the event's that parched the Earth can not be reproduced...Choose a side & run the gauntlet. See if you have what it takes to survive in the ruin's of what once was..."Sound interesting enough?Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

I like it and for a name Quoted from you JP "the ruin's of what once was" Sounds good to me at least : ) I do like the storyline so far though keep it comming LaterXposting a link to the gallery of pics right now so everyone can see them. BTW i just named the page so it would have a name this is inno way the name that will stick with us. just a "for the time being" type thing The Ruin's of what once was email me and tell me what you think also working on the redfaction engine as we speak looks like that will be the one we use possibly sence it uses the GEO-Engine (fully destructable surroundings. ie: run into a pillar you take the pillar out blow up a bridge and have to find another way around it. later X[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: Xarathatin ]
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

OK, everybody. I know have pic's of my work's on line. I want you all to take the time to look at these & let's discuss which we will keep & which will not be a part of the project. http://www.binarycorruption.f2s.com/the ... %20was.htm By the way, before anyone decide's to go berserk, the Street Sentinel is NOT my concept originally. I just can't remember who it was created by. I did tweak the hell out of it, though.Dean[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Junkpile ]
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

All sounds very much like Mad Max;Why not change the credits into litres of fuel?

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

Why not making very futuristic vehicles, maybe even without wheels, or whatever.I mean, it's post-apocalyptic.I don't expect any Apocalyps within the coming 1000 yrs...

Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Using futuristic cars wouldnt fit in the game style. We're aiming for a present to near future (as in 5 years from now) apocalypse, and that involves cars that exist now, not OTT hover stuff.. They'd just detract from the overall grittyness of the mood.I think I'll put together a txt that's gonna be distrubuted among the participants, so everyone knows what we're going for.Da B.
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Adding to the list Programmers notes AI ability to adapt driving style to yours AI ability to use weight weapons, surroundings and speed of car to its advantageAI ability to self preserve(rather take a side hit before a head on collision)AI peds will steal cars if left alone too long AI peds will hunt CampersAI has gang wars randomly or at stragic places footnote #1AI ability 3 major levels in order of importance1. Self preserve2. Adapt driving style3. Use weight, weapons, surroundings and speed to its advantageModels need more detail. I know you guys are used to working with the carma stuff but in these case are going to have there own weapons or weapons that you buy. Then these cars need. 1. Area to put weapons 2. All cars should be different 3. When upgrading armor it weighs the vehicles down 4. Electronic weapons slow down cars for short time until the vehicles stop charging the weapons (manual cut off in desperate situations)5. Ability to charge more than one weapon more than once charge with a manual override. 6. Ability for vehicles to have different attributes ( Buy different bumpers tires weapons) 7. Try not limiting vehicles weapons ( this will happen unless you have a truck but become innovative. 8. Use areas on a car you haven
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

JP, mehtinks you might need to ..umm..."adjust" a couple of "your" models.. (Helldozer, PT Bruiser, Rocket Scooter, etc.) Never mind, I see you already have the situation under control.. [ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

What do you think of my Dragon Wagon? http://www.savageelve.f2s.com/images/dragonwagon.jpg Good reason to start learning skinning.Or if anybody else like to do that... [ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: Savage-Elve ]

Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I've got a skinner interested in this little project. I like that Dragon Wagon. I dislike the name. I just don't feel that it fit's it. But, I'm picky with anyhing to do with Dragon's... Nothing personal. I do like that vehicle a lot, though. Can I play with it when you're done with it?Dean
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

Dragon Wagon is just the name of the original truck. If you want to try the first version you can get it from www.geocities.com/ericbrandsarnhem/Carma_downloads .I think the model is too simple now, but I'm working on it.Just changed, see above....[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: Savage-Elve ]

Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

What's the setting for a post- apocalyps...-Burned down city- weed in the city station hall- Rusty Boeings- Sunken $1.000.000 yachts- desolate touristic center- sunken mammoth oil tanker in the port- cars put togeter from odd parts, wood, plastic...Nice and friendly animals at the nuclear war centre

Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Basically, eric, it would have all of the hing's listed above. We haven't started work on Environmental piece's (Non-Car's) as of yet. The only thing in your post that I don't feel we'll be dealing with will be the Mutant animal's & such.Dean
willB0T
Stainless

Post by willB0T »

very cool story mate... much like the background story of Judge Dredd - huge fortified futuristic cities surrounded by mutant-ridden nuclear deserts [ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: WILL ]
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Kinda like that, WILL. Take away the super hi-tech glitz, make the citie's much smaller, add in many village's & shanty town's. Yeah, we're getting the idea. Dean
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

And is the same breath you dont want to make the Maps too small
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Xarathatin:And is the same breath you dont want to make the Maps too smallOn that note, I was wondering, would it be possible to make it all one huge map with many sub-map's (Cities, villages & shanty-towns, mine tunnels, military bases, etc., etc...) that you can access at all times?Just some thought's...Dean
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Add memory and Processor speed should have screenshots of GUI in about 2 weeks if everything goes well (have time) laterX
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

I was wondering if anyone, er X, if you, can post Ideas about the GUI, and what you are looking and doing. As well as how it would affect the game as a whole.
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

sure ill have to wait till i get home but id be happy to. any specifics?
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Just like a pic so I can get an idea of the whole interface.
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Im on my way home be there in about 2 hours ill post about it when i get there

Check who’s online