Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

In case of a water landing, you may be used as a life buoy

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

In case of a water landing, you may be used as a life buoy

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hi, I'm Toshiba-3! Welcome to devWAM! Some news:

- Our very Harmalarm is about to release wonders. PT2 will soon be a memory. He rewrote his exporter for the 34th time to match his recent (and impressive importer) and finally added the preprocessing feature! This is all for recent 3DSMAX versions, the scripts are fast, and it even supports more BRender features than PT2 did.

- In the process, we decided to update the Media Wiki behind the Carma Modding Wiki to the latest version (it was 6 years old!) and move it back to http://wiki.toshiba-3.com. Even though it is still quite hollow, we might try to update stuff there now and then. If you want to contribute (you must be a modder!) just tell me and I'll create your account.

- For those who missed it, Stainless' Ben Gunstone was interviewed by IGM.

- CFF member Jomalin released his C1 PIX converter. It's able to convert 99% of the PIX and PIX packs from the game. It has no GUI but comes well documented. Thread here.

- Still on CFF, BitterMaximilan shows progress on his C1-in-C2 remake. Here's the thread and here are the videos (mute the music?):
[youtube]aD0M6Qmq7fQ[/youtube]
[youtube]hhp4_qvWZrU[/youtube]

- Errol Errolson is also about to release a mighty tool, called TRixx, which can convert C1 and C2 pixies. Back and forth if I'm not mistaken. Keep an eye open. It might happen.

- There's now an ITALIAN patch for Carmageddon 1 (not for the Splat Pack or Meld Patch). You can find it at Road Reaction. Original thread here.

- Talking about the lost Figure Of Hate nettrack from C1 (it's available in the Pontipack btw) with QTZ, I'm now looking for that early Carmageddon version, here's how he described it:

Code: Select all

And this early version - English pedestrian / robots
What's different:
- All text files are not encrypted in original formatted form (some files are different than in later versions)
  BTW: Unfortunately this text files are not compatible with Open C1. I hope Jeff will fix that in next release - he know already about this problem.
- There is no cheat to decrypt files (I think)
- Main cheat is "ENABLE" instead of well known "IBETYOU..."
- Figure of Hate (Arena) track is present
- flag man is smaller (BTW: flag man is listed twice in pedestrian with same identity... need to be fixed; also another pedestrian is so small, but in every version)
- BIGHIT2.WAV is little different and longer (not compared, but maybe included in one of demo too)
So if you happen to have it or know where I can find it... thank you :ssmile:
Stand-alone Figure Of Hate is available here by the way.

On the same subject I'm also looking for other demo versions:

Code: Select all

- Redneck Rampage CD version - demo beta with part of original intro, but with different music - really old version.
  With this version is also included promo movie with separate player - the movie is exactly same file as intro in Test Drive CD version
- Carmageddon demo, which part Jeff included in his Open C1 package (two other demos, and one different you already have)
- Splat Pack zombie demo (I like zombie versions :))
Could also someone tell me whether a full Zombie Splat Pack exists or not?

's all! Here's some Mad Max 4: Fallout 4...
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: In case of a water landing, you may be used as a life bu

Post by Razor »

I thought The Splat Pack was released only in an uncensored version?
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Well that's what I think as well! :)
I'm just looking for a global confirmation on this!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

It's interesting to watch the videos of the remake, but of course, being WIP, there's currently some inconsistency in the visuals (textures, car detail level and texturing style, etc).
Bitter_Maximilian
pedestrian

Post by Bitter_Maximilian »

I'm working on a better video because this was an initial test mixing comunity stuff with maps + high resolution textures from C2S (C2S = C2_Scientist?), cars, some pedestrians, analog speedo, ..., then still there are old textures from C1 original maps. In Coastal carnage video all textures are finished and it looks better.

@Toshiba-3: if you mute the music don't learn spanish :) and Mozart's music is not appropriate with Carmageddon.

Check who’s online