Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

News from the bleak community

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Early 2011 is quite silent, isn't it? Better silent than uselessly filled. Let's focus on Carmageddon news.

To start this billet, let's have a look at Zeus Software as they released nGlide 0.95. It will add 16:9 resolutions to Carmageddon.

In the last billet I mentionned cancelled game Carmageddon: Crude Awakening, and members contributed some more infos and visuals. But now Unseen64 is back up and full informations (including visuals) are available here. Have a look at Divided City too.

CWA members The_Bollocks and Pip_The_Pest released addon cars recently. Respectively a Renault Extra, and a VW Sirocco + Subaru WRX. Sadly none of them can be considered as finished addons. Pip's also working on a Peugeot 205.

Other CWA member Swintendo is drawing some Carmageddon stuff. Speaking of CWA you might have noticed (or haven't) that the whole old Polygonized network is now hosted by Iouri Goussev's (aka Elendal) Montreal Web Design. Time flies uh?

Razor's recently updated his site, Stompingonkittens, planning on turning it into a personal blog about his various projects.

Lemme put a word now for OpenC1, Jeff's been silent as well since the last update of his project. However I'm sure he's still interested by bug reports and crash logs. So if you're willing to help in the bugtracking you can post your findings here.

Amongst all the so-called "GTA4 Carmageddon" videos flooding the web, biggest french vg site choosed a real Carmageddon 2 video featuring fanmade vehicles to illustrate its Top 20 gorest games. C2 ranks at the 12th place.

We are almost there. As not much is happening lately let me tell you about the future: besides my upcoming Jeep for C1, you should all expect something awesome from Harm (what else could you expect from the guy anyway?). A track. Inspired by a very old fanmade track. But much crazier and up to date with nowadays C2 standards. AdR's Cullwing will soon be on its way to C2. The second creative test track as well. Then "lost" Beroc gems will be ported to C2 as well.

Yours truly,
Pierce Brosnan.
See you next month.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Hell yeah, news time! The new NGlide release comes as a surprise! I check the site regularly but off course missed this sudden release :D

I'm working hard on my latest project, things are going slow but steady. I will soon create a topic for it, explaning the idea and direction I am going plus giving some sneak previews :)

the concept art of Crude awakening is interesting. Not exactly what I had expected of a next Carmageddon release, as the art en 3d environment are quite different from what we are used to see in the current carmageddon games. Future playes a bigger role in these images.

hah, and the final image; once you see it, you cannot unsee it! :D
Citywalker
pedestrian

Post by Citywalker »

Looking at those images, the word "petrolpunk" comes to mind :)
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

The nGlide news seems particularly interesting.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

Check who’s online