Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

El Morte Desert

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

El Morte Desert

Post by Toshiba-3 »

"Another day, another Sept- ... track."

It's an enhanced version of the C2 desert. Made by ChevyII and me. It's been on standby for a long time (original post on my devblog).
I quickly finished it today: fixed some mapping here and there, same with mesh, accessories offset (from the ground), changed a few textures.
Just like Mayan Mayhem, there's a bonus to find. I really like this one. Too bad there isn't yet more boulders heh... Can be fun in LAN.

Download it at Road Reaction etc.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

El Morte Desert

Post by Razor »

Wow! I'm definitely going to give this a go, I love the El Morte Desert map, such a vast, open area to drive around in.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

El Morte Desert

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Forgot to say that this version of the desert was initialy made with increased gravity in mind.
Not that it's necessary or anything, it just makes it cool to drive onto these smoothed roads etc.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

El Morte Desert

Post by Harmalarm »

hey, nice work there. The roads are indeed a pleasure to cruise on. The tunnels are quite nice too.

I found the secret, but didn't see anything happening... :( Am I missing something?

I like these edited versions of track, with all the little improvements. Makes my fingers itch to do some myself :)
hazardic
motorised death

El Morte Desert

Post by hazardic »

to be honest i don't like any of original c2 tracks because of too blurry textures but i'll definitelt test this one - imo any custom remade c2 track is much better than vanilla =)
The Outlaw
hit n run

El Morte Desert

Post by The Outlaw »

Awsome Job man, I think a Revision of the beaver airport would be an great map!
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
hazardic
motorised death

El Morte Desert

Post by hazardic »

btw what about this great big city track for c1? is it lost forever because of hardware failure?..
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

El Morte Desert

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Oh it wasn't a hardware failure, I /just/ overwrote the Gourmet Carmageddon folder with the original Carmageddon Melt pack. Good thing I had a changelog, I'll be able to redo the changes quickly.
So no it isn't lost at all, I still have the dev folder for this track etc. Also it isn't that big, I'd say it's like one of the three Bleakcity parts. Here's the minimap:

Remember it doesn't work in glide mode though! Textures are too large. It should come in three versions: daylight, night, post apoc.

I'll come back on the Gourmet Carmageddon project later this year, probably in may or june. Will do a C1 car very soon though.
hazardic
motorised death

El Morte Desert

Post by hazardic »

wow good news. thanks god map is alive=) totally new environment for c1 universe - what could be better! and a new c1 car - yummy!

Check who’s online