Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

nGlide!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

nGlide!

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Another post, another glide wrapper! :swheel:
But this one is actually brand new (2010), and seems very promising.
First thing: Windows XP/Vista/7 support. No high resolution yet (640*480 only), too bright, I've noticed erratic artifacts that I guess are related to the fog density ingame, nothing to configure.

But still! Support seems very present at the moment, let's try to get C2 a fully compatible game. BTW, I know the site says to set the program to run into 640*480 mode (it's to avoid the mouse-in-a-box problem) but if your game is patched to v2 (aka v1.02a) there should be no problem.

You can download the v0.92 here, the official download is still 0.91. Put glide2x.dll either in your system32 folder or directly into your C2 install (suggested if you already have Zeckensack's or dg installed).

nGlide @ Zeus Software

Can't wait to see this progressing! :cool:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
hazardic
motorised death

nGlide!

Post by hazardic »

wow nice find Tosh! actually i don't need wrapper for C2 - dgVoodoo works perfect for me but i miss hi-res wrapper for C1 since i went to vista.. vista hasn't kernel sound that's why i cannot launch vdm sound program which makes playing C1 comfortable and available under D3d wrapper. well let's see will nGlide so perfect as dgVoodoo for C1 under XP =)))
Killer11
hit n run

nGlide!

Post by Killer11 »

Well the C1 problem will be fixed in time by Jeff, meanwhile I'd love to see these guys playing around with DX11 features like tessellation applied to old games.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

nGlide!

Post by Harmalarm »

yep, this one got under the radar for a while. It was around since november 2009 apparently.

It works real well. Unfortunately the creators are aiming for a genuine glide wrapper, meaning they did not implement configuration settings and resolution improvement. But perhaps we can show them high res is a definate improvemt for carma :p

Check who’s online