Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

BMP transparency

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
ElectrikaL
pedestrian

BMP transparency

Post by ElectrikaL »

So I was modding some rims and I noticed that the black parts end up transparent ingame.

Any way to fix this?

Using photoshop, I open one of the default rim textures, I then import a new image, resize and overlap it over the default texture and then save.

The thumbnail looks normal with the black showing up but ingame it goes transparent.
Trent
mindless

BMP transparency

Post by Trent »

Make them not-quite-black?
a.k.a. Brent
ElectrikaL
pedestrian

BMP transparency

Post by ElectrikaL »

Anything but pure black ends up being way too bright, which is strange because there are default rim texture with pure black parts that show up just fine ingame. I tried to copy that shade of black with the eyedropper tool but it still shows up as transparent.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

BMP transparency

Post by Toshiba-3 »

There are two blacks in the ingame palette, the first one (IDX 0) is the transparent one so just avoid it. If you want things to be easier, use the carma palette with pink instead of black for IDX 0. Download the "Toshiba's C1 Helpers" from this page https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/pc-files and load Carma_Tosh.act in Photoshop.

CarmagEdit can also be patched to display/use pink instead of transparent black. (https://qtz.cwaboard.co.uk/Purple_Palette_Patch_for_All_Carmageddon_Needs.7z)

About things being too bright, if you're running C1 in Glide mode with nGlide, change the gamma to 0.7 in the nGlide settings.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
ElectrikaL
pedestrian

BMP transparency

Post by ElectrikaL »

That helped a lot. Thanks.

Check who’s online