Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 & Splat Pack Meld PACK (win7 x64 compatible)

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hello JeReMiZ! :)

Yeah I don't like the 3DFX mode for C1 so I don't really support it. I find it's a lot of trouble for graphics that don't suit C1: textures are all blury, resolution is too high considering the low geometry details.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
JeReMiZ
hit n run

Post by JeReMiZ »

Yeah, the "hires" pixelisated rendering suit best C1. BTW, your C1+SP Melt pack provided in first page doesn't install on my computer (win7 x64). I click "install", but it does nothing. Then I shut down the installer and a little dialog box appears saying "UHARC not found" (or something very similar). Well, that's not a big problem because I still got my pack.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It's because the UHARC installer is badly made :)

It takes a long long time to extract even when the window has disappeared. You just have to wait :S
silversurfernhs
mechanic

Post by silversurfernhs »

Hello and thank you guys who have worked so hard and for such a long time to keep these games running. Back in the day i remember Tosh, Econobrick and so many others creating custom content like crazy. The community was really something special about the series.
Urizen
mechanic

Post by Urizen »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Hello JeReMiZ! :)

Yeah I don't like the 3DFX mode for C1 so I don't really support it. I find it's a lot of trouble for graphics that don't suit C1: textures are all blury, resolution is too high considering the low geometry details.
While I agree with you about the negative impact of texture filtering (I don't like the bluriness either!), I definitely think there's something to be said for the ability to play the game at higher resolutions. I think the images below demonstrate some of the benefits quite nicely;

Click this image for a larger version

Click this image for a larger version

For me, the big selling point of playing in a high resolution is simply that more distant objects look crisper, and better defined. That said, I totally understand why some people think that it changes the appearance of the game too much, and takes away from some of the charm and "classic-ness".

:)
aus_mike
driver

Post by aus_mike »

Rigor wrote:
Launch Carma95.exe with -hires parameter to get it working, with ddraw.dll too, otherwise it will crash or give you bad colors.

With the ddraw.dll, do I just put it in the directory, and run with that .bat file

"

Quote:

taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe

Start /w CARMA95.exe -hires

pause

start explorer.exe

"

Should there be anything else in there? is the "Quote:" part needed?
hifi
mechanic

Post by hifi »

aus_mike wrote:
Rigor wrote:
Launch Carma95.exe with -hires parameter to get it working, with ddraw.dll too, otherwise it will crash or give you bad colors.

With the ddraw.dll, do I just put it in the directory, and run with that .bat file

"

Quote:

pause

start explorer.exe

"

No, you don't need to kill explorer.exe.
silversurfernhs
mechanic

Post by silversurfernhs »

hifi wrote:
aus_mike wrote:
Rigor wrote:

"

Quote:

pause

start explorer.exe

"

No, you don't need to kill explorer.exe.

You do to prevent the color issues, and yes the dll goes in the exe/bat files folder - then just run the bat, and no, don't add the quote part, the text file you make the bat from will start with the taskkill command.
hifi
mechanic

Post by hifi »

silversurfernhs wrote:You do to prevent the color issues, and yes the dll goes in the exe/bat files folder - then just run the bat, and no, don't add the quote part, the text file you make the bat from will start with the taskkill command.
The dll fixes the color issues, duh.
Lenor
driver

Post by Lenor »

So yeah, if you use the dll then make a shortcut of carma95.exe and add the -hires parameter
JetSetWilly
pedestrian

Post by JetSetWilly »

This may sound like a totally stupid question, but how do you add the -hires parameter to the CARMA95.exe?
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Lenor just actually said it. Drag the carma95.exe to anywhere with the right mouse button, then when you release it a menu comes, press make shortcut. Press right mouse button on the shortcut and go to the properties, in there you'll find the parameters or anyway the address/command line to the carma95.exe file, add the text [space]-hires
JetSetWilly
pedestrian

Post by JetSetWilly »

TTR wrote:Lenor just actually said it. Drag the carma95.exe to anywhere with the right mouse button, then when you release it a menu comes, press make shortcut. Press right mouse button on the shortcut and go to the properties, in there you'll find the parameters or anyway the address/command line to the carma95.exe file, add the text [space]-hires
Ooops. Of course he did lol. Sorry. Anyway, I just tried it, but it's being a right stubborn bastard, and is still displayig it like it's using software rendering :( . Damn you Vista!!! Funny thing is, I managed to get the Splat Pack seperately, and that works with the funky graphics without any faffing about.

EDIT:

Forget that. I just managed to sort it. Now it looks snazzy and awesome!
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

Does this work for Win XP too? If not, then I'll at least try running it on my laptop that has 7. But I don't like W7.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It should even be easier to get it to work in WinXP so go ahead :)
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

Fuck yeah it does! Thanxalot!
Gandorques
mechanic

Post by Gandorques »

Hi to the Forums!

Great work, I tried for days to get Carmageddon and Splat Pack working together on my Vista 64 Bit, and your Version works perfectly just after creating a bat file.

I wanted to add something you could put in the first Post for everyone who wants to play the Meld Pack with ALL tracks from the Main Game and SP in Multiplayer, because your Version just includes the Splat Pack Tracks in the Network Race list (altough the Classic Level Files are included).

So, all you need to do is to edit the Netraces.txt in the Data Folder

Replace everything with the following, backup before if you like to:
Sumo

COASTC2M.FLI,CST1MAP.FLI,INFOBACK.FLI

SUMOBIG.TXT

0 // Number of text chunks

Coliseum

COASTC2M.FLI,CST1MAP.FLI,INFOBACK.FLI

COLICIUM.TXT

Maim Street

CITYA1M.FLI,CTY1MAP.FLI,INFOBACK.FLI

NETCITYA.TXT

Coastal Carnage

NETCOSTC.TXT

Fridge Racer

NEKICE.TXT

Death Valley

DEZRAC4M.FLI,CST1MAP.FLI,INFOBACK.FLI

NETDESRT.TXT

Off Quay

NETCOSTA.TXT

Industrial Injury

NETINDA.TXT

Avenue of Atrocities

NETCITYB.TXT

Terror on the Trails

NETCOSTB.TXT

MagnaChem Mayhem

NETINDB.TXT

Downtown Devastation

NETCITYC.TXT

MAYAN MAYHEM

CSTL01.FLI,CITYB3MP.FLI,INFOBACK.FLI

NINCA.TXT

MELTDOWN ALLEY

IRIGSCN.FLI,CITYB3MP.FLI,INFOBACK.FLI

NCITY.TXT

ICING ON THE QUAKE

CSTL01.FLI,CITYB3MP.FLI,INFOBACK.FLI

NICERIG.TXT

TOTALLY TWISTED

NISLAND.TXT

FIGURE OF HATE

NCIRCUIT.TXT

ARMOURGEDDON

NCASTLE.TXT

DAMMIT

NDAM.TXT

RING OF FIRE

NHELL.TXT

END

I havent tested if it really works, because I have no one to test with atm. but now the Tracks appear in the Multiplayer Track List. If someone could confirm that it works, please tell me. Or if someone want to test it with me, tell me too, but I have limited Time atm.
Jared777
pedestrian

Post by Jared777 »

Hi there,

So I'm running the game with the .bat file and ddraw.dll files in the main Carmageddon directory. I can get to the main menu screen, however when I choose any of the options (like 'New Game') it crashes on me.

Am I forgetting anything?

This is my error if it helps: http://shyte.co.nz/carmaerror.jpg
Jared777
pedestrian

Post by Jared777 »

Problem solved....didn't realise the game had to be in the (x86) folder...
hifi
mechanic

Post by hifi »

Jared777 wrote:Problem solved....didn't realise the game had to be in the (x86) folder...
You don't need the .bat with ddraw.dll, *sigh* can someone fix the OP?
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

There seems to be aproblem for me. I run it on XP and there are three things that don't work right:

1. Nerdberksring Race Circruit does not work. If I try to start a race there it shows some error about missing bitmaps.

2. Suppressor is bugged. It is not shown in Damage Gallery, if you waste it in Blood on Rooftops, it says you wasted Max Damage (wut) and you recieve Eagle II instead of Suppressor. Also game often crashes after you finish a race with it.

3. After loading a completed game, not all races are availible. You need to win a race from the last few availible before you can unlock them all again. Or use a cheat.

Does anybody have a solution please?
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

2. Suppressor is bugged. It is not shown in Damage Gallery, if you waste it in Blood on Rooftops, it says you wasted Max Damage (wut) and you recieve Eagle II instead of Suppressor. Also game often crashes after you finish a race with it.

Something may be up with your oppponents.txt

3. After loading a completed game, not all races are availible. You need to win a race from the last few availible before you can unlock them all again. Or use a cheat.
I get this on Mastro's C1 Special Edition, annoying as hell.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
drifterex
pedestrian

Post by drifterex »

Only new to the forum, but just wanted to say thanks, this works like a charm.
argan
pedestrian

Post by argan »

Wow...I had no idea Carmageddon had such an alive community. This worked for me, but for some reason I am only able to play the Splat pack? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to getting older games to work, so bear with me. I extracted it to the Carmageddon folder, right? The Splat pack is in a different folder, so why does it run the Splat pack?
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

Toshiba-3 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:Just curious, anybody experiencing crashes when attempting to start races on some random tracks? Happening for me on Splat Track & Drown in the Sumps.

Ah! These are the bugs I was talking about. The pack misses peds ressources for both of these environments.

Any way we can fix that? Where are those resources from?
Bet that hurt!
Lenor
driver

Post by Lenor »

argan wrote:Wow...I had no idea Carmageddon had such an alive community. This worked for me, but for some reason I am only able to play the Splat pack? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to getting older games to work, so bear with me. I extracted it to the Carmageddon folder, right? The Splat pack is in a different folder, so why does it run the Splat pack?

Just install the game and make the .bat file, you don't need to install it over another version of carma you have!

So yeah, 3 races don't work so far, but other than that I didn't get any crashes at all! Win 7 x64
aus_mike
driver

Post by aus_mike »

At least 20 races in, have won them all by destroying every other car. Never collect any of them tho.

Is that a bug? cant tell.
argan
pedestrian

Post by argan »

Lenor wrote:
argan wrote:Wow...I had no idea Carmageddon had such an alive community. This worked for me, but for some reason I am only able to play the Splat pack? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to getting older games to work, so bear with me. I extracted it to the Carmageddon folder, right? The Splat pack is in a different folder, so why does it run the Splat pack?

Just install the game and make the .bat file, you don't need to install it over another version of carma you have!

So yeah, 3 races don't work so far, but other than that I didn't get any crashes at all! Win 7 x64

Yeah, I just didn't understand that SP was installed with all the old Carmageddon tracks also. I've only owned the original game, never the SP.

But yeah, I also get the crash for Down in the Sumps. It seems to miss RDISHK.pix, and there's only a RDI.pix file?

Anyway, apart from some stuttering bugs (especially the engine sound can be discontinued), great job with this! Love it.
Dodo Bizar
driver

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hey I got the bug as well for the Slump and fixed it myself.

What I did was simply copying another .PIX file twice. I think I took the RID.PIX file (if it exists, anyway I took something with a very similar name) and renamed it to RIDSHK.PIX and RIDSTL.PIX. You get the bug report for the second file when created the first.

And it worked, got up to level one and saw the devil for the first time (I think this was a really well designed level btw). I did not see anything strange... perhaps one thing... the monks or whatever they are that say 'holy shit' in a very holy/creepy way appeared in most levels. Not only the castle level which I believe would be their natural habitat? But I'm just guessing there.

Can any of the real programmers explain me what I actually messed with? Would be fun to know.
Lenor
driver

Post by Lenor »

You added the peds(monks) to other tracks.
ClintonHammond
pedestrian

Post by ClintonHammond »

*edit cause I'm a moron*

Thanks! LOL
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

Were you guys able to use 3Dfx with this meld pack? I can't make it work, have you got problems too?
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
Lenor
driver

Post by Lenor »

@macacom: use this to change the game's resolution: http://carmageddon.com/forum/topic/337
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

@Lenor: Thanks, dude. But I've already tried that.

I think I need to re-install windows. I don't really care that the graphics are bad, but I can't see the cars from a certain distance, so I though that 3Dfx would fix it, but thanks for your help
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
Nisei
hit n run

Post by Nisei »

Lenor wrote:@macacom: use this to change the game's resolution: http://carmageddon.com/forum/topic/337

Changing the resolution isn't the same as running the game with Glide.

Check who’s online