Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 & Splat Pack Meld PACK (win7 x64 compatible)

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Parovoz
pedestrian

Post by Parovoz »

Rigor wrote:I downloaded your file, but I'm unable to launch it, as it crash upon starting.

I tried to copy paste your text into the file pedraces.txt, but the Sled and Bugguti still crashes.
Maybe it's with folder names. Mine was in D:\Games\Carma meld try\Carmageddon MELD, try that.
ClintonHammond
pedestrian

Post by ClintonHammond »

Which Carmageddon are you using? C1, SP, C1+SP Meld Pack? The Meld (From the 1st Post in this thread, I'm pretty sure)

When does the error occur?

After you tried to start the race? yes

Before the grid selection screen? yes

Does the error occur with any cars? I've only tried it with the Eagle (I'm playing my own game, not one of the completed saves)
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

Regarding the missing ped data files, you can also just copy and rename other ped files.

What's the story with Sinthea and Lady Bug? I came to this topic to report that they never show up as opponents, but I see that it's already a known error. Is there any way to fix it?

On my current playthrough, Sawbones isn't appearing either, but I think that's just a matter of chance.

By the by, I've tried absolutely every fix I can find, and nothing is solving the timer bug. It's not bothering me much, just figured I should report it.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

The problem with The Sled and Bugutti also happens with a lot of add-on cars. For some reason, now and then during a race, hitting one of these cars will make the game crash. We tried everything so far. It's a serious mystery :]

I still wonder if that bug might come from the fact C1 and SP are merged together.

The problem you're talking about (cars not appearing, and which is linked to the fact that they are crashy) is just the result of said cars being set to never appear in OPPONENT.TXT with a strength rating of -1. Change that to a number between 1 and 5 and they'll appear ingame.

About the timer: download the latest ddraw.dll from hifi's site:
http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/#download

And in the ddraw.ini file set these values:

maxfps=30

vsync=true

renderer=opengl

singlecpu=true (might help)

Actually maxfps should be enough, change the other ones if it isn't.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

Thanks! And thank you for the meld pack in the first place, it's excellent :)

I'd downloaded hifi's dll and applied those settings before, with no luck, but I tried again and this time the FPS limit fixed it. There seemed to be something up with write permission in the file, which is weird since I'm on the admin account on my PC :/. But anyway I changed the permissions and that seemed to do the trick.
ClintonHammond
pedestrian

Post by ClintonHammond »

"Regarding the missing ped data files, you can also just copy and rename other ped files."

Any further details? Assume I have NO idea what I'm doing ('cause I have no idea what I'm doing)
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

ClintonHammond wrote:"Regarding the missing ped data files, you can also just copy and rename other ped files."

Any further details? Assume I have NO idea what I'm doing ('cause I have no idea what I'm doing)

Sure thing :)

When you try to load one of the tracks which doesn't work [Drown in the Sumps, Splat Track or Figure of Hate] you get the message "Can't find pedestrian pixelmap 'RIDSHK.PIX'" That means that the data file of that name doesn't exist in the game's directory, but the game is still looking for it. If you fix that, you'll then get "Can't find pedestrian pixelmap 'RIDSTL.PIX'."

Apologies in advance, this walkthrough is for Windows. I haven't used Mac or Linux in years, so I can't think how you'd do it.

Find your Carmageddon folder in Explorer, then navigate to DATA > PIXELMAP. Locate the file named RID.PIX and make a copy of that file in the same location (select the file and right click > copy; then deselect the file and right click > paste). Rename the copy to RIDSHK.PIX, then make a second copy, this time renaming it RIDSTL.PIX.

Your list within PIXELMAP should now include the following, if you sort alphabetically:

[...other stuff...]

RIBS.PIX

RID.PIX

RIDSHK.PIX

RIDSTL.PIX

RIGMAP.PIX

[...other stuff...]

At this point, those tracks should load fine.

The reason it's RID is because it's the pedestrian modelled after Reiko the Ridge Racer mascot. I presume SHK is her shocked expression and STL is her standing still, or something like that.
ClintonHammond
pedestrian

Post by ClintonHammond »

Thanks!!!!

;-)
Cor.Angar
pedestrian

Post by Cor.Angar »

I just registered to say thank you. Really good work! :)
AluminumHaste
mechanic

Post by AluminumHaste »

I also just wanted to say thank you and I also donated to tiki for his work on ddraw.
Wicked Kerfluffle
pedestrian

Post by Wicked Kerfluffle »

Thanks for the fix!
Lenor
driver

Post by Lenor »

Hi all, long time no see.

I'll try Parovoz's build with stygimoloch's fix and I'll put them together.

I'll upload the main post a bit later.

Done, you can download it here: http://www.4shared.com/file/RAANfJxw/Carmageddon_MELD.html
Mother Trucker
turbo bastard

Post by Mother Trucker »

Hey, guys, Am I the only who has a perfectly working Meld Pack? The Sled and Bugutti can be drived but they don't appear during the race, no crash problem, Die Anna screaming in the pratcam fix, correct position of cars in change car list and original smoothy loading screens... What else?
Lenor
driver

Post by Lenor »

All the tracks playable?
Mother Trucker
turbo bastard

Post by Mother Trucker »

Lenor wrote:All the tracks playable?

Yep... ;)
cArmAkAze
Jesus, Hatebreed

Post by cArmAkAze »

Fucking awesome. I've been out of the loop for so long... feels great to play the original once again. Thanks to everyone!
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

I have two questions XD, but before THANKS!!!! For the game runs in Win7 lol

First - Why the two police cars are missing?

Second - The game crash allways in the end of a race too, and with Ladybug and Sentea (yes i already read this topic ^^)
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Wade Sullivan wrote:
Second - The game crash allways in the end of a race too, and with Ladybug and Sentea (yes i already read this topic ^^)

I've experimented with the two cars and looked at their text files, why dontcha ask Tosh 'bout this problem?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Wade, with which pack are you experiencing these issues? The first post of this topic offers two.

The game always crashing after a race is something I never encountered so it's difficult to comment on this. Which means do you use to get the game working? (like DOSBOX+GLIDE, CARM95+D3D-Windower, +hifi's ddraw.dll, etc.)

Secondly, Bugutti and The Sled crashing is the most common issue. This topic seems full of people saying they fixed it, so maybe read it again? Personaly I don't think it can be fixed that so easily or else Stainless would have made it back then.

Oh missed the police cars bit, what do you mean missing? Missing from the car selection menu?
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

I download the 2 packs from this topic and install according to the post, i play one race and then the game shows me the next race, when i try to race again crash, close and back to win7.

Yes i miss the cops car to play with XD
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Wade Sullivan wrote:I download the 2 packs from this topic and install according to the post, i play one race and then the game shows me the next race, when i try to race again crash, close and back to win7.

Yes i miss the cops car to play with XD

You'll need the cnc-ddraw mod. Also, did you crash because Lady Bug and/or Sinthea participated?

I fixed this problem (somewhat) by de-crypting the text files and then changing the "11" in their GrooveFunkRefs to "-1"
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

Breakin'Benny wrote:
You'll need the cnc-ddraw mod. Also, did you crash because Lady Bug and/or Sinthea participated?

I fixed this problem (somewhat) by de-crypting the text files and then changing the "11" in their GrooveFunkRefs to "-1"

Maybe yes man, sorry my ignorance, where i find de cnc, and fix the Bug and Sinthea? I don´t understand the "GrooveFunkRefs" =/
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Wade Sullivan wrote:Maybe yes, man. Sorry about my ignorance, but where do I find the cnc and how to fix the Bug and Sled? I also don´t understand the "GrooveFunkRefs" =/

1. Download this and drop it into the game directories

2. Go in-game and quit like normal, you'll now see a ddraw.ini (the configuration file)

3. Open that file up and make the settings look like this:

width=0
height=0
; bits per pixel, possible values: 16, 24 and 32, 0 = auto
bpp=0
windowed=true
; show window borders in windowed mode
border=true
; use letter- or windowboxing to make a best fit (GDI only!)
boxing=false
; real rendering rate, -1 = screen rate, 0 = unlimited, n = cap
maxfps=0
; vertical synchronization, enable if you get tearing (OpenGL only)
vsync=false
; scaling filter, nearest = sharp, linear = smooth (OpenGL only)
filter=nearest
; mouse sensitivity scaling
adjmouse=false
; manual sensitivity scaling, 0 = disabled, 0.5 = half, 1.0 = normal
sensitivity=0.0
; enable C&C/RA mouse hack
mhack=true
; enable C&C video resize hack, auto = auto-detect game, true = forced, false = disabled (OpenGL only)
vhack=false
; switch between OpenGL (opengl) and software (gdi) renderers, latter supports less features but might be faster depending on the GPU
renderer=gdi
; force CPU0 affinity, avoids crashes with RA, *might* have a performance impact
singlecpu=true

NOTES: Width and height are the screen resolutions, I suggest you set it to be native to your computer monitor, unless you intend to browse Carmageddon Wiki for cheats while playing!

MAXFPS is pretty important, if the frames go very high the timer will go nearly twice as fast! I suggest setting it to 25

Vertical sync is pretty good, it attempts to keep a fixed framerate to prevent screen tearing!

Renderer is where I strongly suggest OpenGL, that does a much better job than software GDI

4. Go in-game (if you crash, go back to the ddraw.ini and fix something) and get to the Race menu

5. Type in the code "iwanttofiddle" (No quotes!), you'll hear skidding tires if you did it correctly

6. Quit Carmageddon and head for the DATA\CARS directory

7. Open the BUGGIT.txt (Bugutti, Lady Bug) and SLED.txt (The Sled, Sinthea)

8. Search for GrooveFunkRef (Ctrl + F to search) and change the "11"s in the right-rear suspensions to "-1"

9. Save the text files with Ctrl + S or just quit the Notepads and click the button saying "Save"

Am I making myself unclear? Tell me if you need a tutorial in VIDEO form!
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

WORK, Man thanks again for the help, and the time ^^
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

Quick question, in the game i can play if the Lady Bug car and Senthea car, but i can´t pay against them.

How do i race against those opponents?
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

..Excuse me? Your question looks like gibberish to me, as if you rushed with the question
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

Before start a race, if you look on the VIEW INFO, then VIEW RACERS, LadyBug and Senthea never shows up, on the opponent list.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

That's because they're not included in the OPPONENT.TXT, I wouldn't be surprised if Stainless removed them in later releases of the Splat Pack (you probably have a version where the two were excluded)
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

Thats right man, i just find out how to enable then ^^

thanks again o/
hermit
driver

Post by hermit »

it works with "carmageddon max pack"?
WIP....
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

The MELD PACK has been updated to v1.3.3: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/blog/

new download link is: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/PC/meldpack_v1.3.3.zip

[edit : v1.3.2]

[edit : v1.3.3]
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Shouldn't you think about adding a changelog for the various revisions of the meld pack, Tosh? It'd be easier to see what changes there are without having to download the entire package to find out.
ElectricBlue17
pedestrian

Post by ElectricBlue17 »

downloaded latest version, works great , thank you!
elandyno
pedestrian

Post by elandyno »

How can I play the game with the original music? I have the gog version of the game. Is there any way to use de music of that release?

I tried making a bin/cue image and mount the image, but it only played 2 music tracks and then the music stopped

Check who’s online