Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

how can i make all cars stealable in the uk blood version

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
andreas aspenberg
mechanic

Post by andreas aspenberg »

i want to be able to get all cars through wrecking in carmageddon 1 like in reincarnation. i have the english blood version. please help me out.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

Oh, hello, it's you again...

I have already answered your question.
UCP also moving the bonnets to better fit, etc....

But if you still don't trust in tools, you can edit the files manually:

- first decrypt the files using cheat

- go to \DATA\CARS\ (in C1 and SP)

- edit every single txt car file - replace: "not stealworthy" with "stealworthy" (just remove "not ")

To enable all cars for network game you can use cheat every time on start or permanently edit opponent.txt:

- replace: "never // Network availability ('never', 'eagle', 'hawk' or 'all')"

with: "all // Network availability ('never', 'eagle', 'hawk' or 'all')" (just replace all first in line "never" with "all")

that's all.
andreas aspenberg
mechanic

i was banned from steam last weak and as such i can access neither the forums nor the game library. carmagedit can decrypt the files but any attempt to encrypt them fails. running them unencrypted also fails. what exactly does that patch do?
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

I don't know why they banned you on Steam, but be careful...

The problem with you is that you won't try any solution and it's really hard to convince you that the solution may fix your problem, like hires for C1, cheats and usage of nGlide or patch for C2 or C1. It look like you don't have experience - you asking questions then trying to convince people that you are right... Or you are posting your opinion as solution which is wrong. I told you to search on Carmageddon.com but you miss understand me and you say I told you to ask here, there is ready to use solution, just search. We are working with games from years, especially with C series. I always trying to test and investigate the problem. I don't have modern Windows, so in that matter I can only say what I know from feedback, but so many people can't be wrong. I can't help if someone have other software or hardware related problem, but I'm trying my best based on knowledge I have.

So just download the patch (UCP) and read readme, everything is described there, then create copy of your installation and apply the patch to that copy (put the game in path like C:\CARMAUCP [not longer than 8 characters, and not longer than 50 characters total]).

About cheats - read again this topic and follow the links.

PS. You can always read the Steam forum no matter if you are Steam user or not.
andreas aspenberg
mechanic

i am just careful about updating carmageddon in case it improves the ai. i am able to get carmageddon 2 working without nglide(direct 3d works perfectly as long as the game is patched and there is no cd in the drive). i get no sound however which is something that even people that used nglide have reported. carmageddon have no cheats(i have tried to cheat but all attempts fail to produce results). why use nglide when direct 3d works perfectly? i can not access steam because of my ban so any steam forum topics in unavailable. i have not tried running a hires solution in carmageddon 1 because my version of the game already works perfectly without it(in hires). i only bought the max pack on steam as carmageddon was never released in my country.i ask again, what does the patch do?
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

This patch doesn't update execs, so also no AI updates. Everything is described in readme!

When you will apply patch to copy of the game (select MiniCD option during install) you can try it and if you don't like it you can remove it safety then!

nGlide give more options that's why. For example game can be run in window (like Alt+Tab), but it doesn't give you access to pulpit anyway since game lock it.

Carmageddon have cheats! All known execs have cheats except for demo versions! If you don't know how to enter it this doesn't mean there are no cheats!

Since you don't want to share md5 sum of your exec I can't verify which version you are using.

Who else have problem with sound in C2? - please give links.

Steam forum can be accessed by anyone - just browse it in web browser not from Stem client - just click the links.

Only 3Dfx mode working in hires (640x480) without -hires parameter, other fixed hires versions are modified (like Win95 versions included in 95RPP), so if you have out of a box version - in software mode it running in lores (320x200).

I won't repeating my self again, so if you won't help your self I can't help you either.

Read everything once again, follow links and try to experiment (make backup or apply new files to copy)!
andreas aspenberg
mechanic

i do not know how to share md5 sum but if you told me how to share it i could. i have tried running carmageddon 2 in 3dfx long ago but it does not look any better. i can run in hires by typing carmageddon -hires. i do not have alink but just look around for anybody having sound problems. there have never been cheat codes in carmageddon.

Check who’s online