Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Getting Carmageddon 1 to run on Windows 7 x64?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

cr4zyjay wrote:why do you keep calling me jaysun?

It's my joke on your username, then I thought about the popular "Jason call" from Heavy Rain
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

Breakin'Benny wrote:
cr4zyjay wrote:why do you keep calling me jaysun?

It's my joke on your username, then I thought about the popular "Jason call" from Heavy Rain

haha, ok
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

so what is this gog shit sepose to be for? it is lying in the carmageddon flother doing nothing... when I try to set shit in the Graphic mod setup.exe it just tells me "Error game is not installed"

Well I tested it like 15 seconds ago so shut up you ugly bastard... (talking to error message)

Nothing in the world will allow me to play carmageddon 1 better than 320x280 hardware vomint... what a sad story...
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

czechdeath, are you useing the setup.exe or .com or whatever it is or are you useing the setup from the start menu once you have installed it from gog.com ? i mean dang, what is your problem the game works fine as well as that setup you can run in 3dfx and everything if you use the correct setup.

Stop biatching and just tell us which setup you are trying to use ?.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

lemonrev wrote:czechdeath, are you useing the setup.exe or .com or whatever it is or are you useing the setup from the start menu once you have installed it from gog.com ? i mean dang, what is your problem the game works fine as well as that setup you can run in 3dfx and everything if you use the correct setup.

Stop biatching and just tell us which setup you are trying to use ?.

Well when I just run carmageddon or splat pack from created shortcuts, it starts dosbox in ugly resolution without 3DFX...

when I go to the root of carma instalation C:/programfiles(86)/gog.com/carmageddon there is "Graphic mode setup.exe"

If I run that it launches GOG dosbox setings... whatever I set there it gives me "error game not installed" when I try to save it...

So i googled that It can be solved by launching the "Graphic mode setup.exe" from start menu. So I did that and It can now save settings... so I set 1920x1080, keep aspect ratio, OpenGL (and later other options) and few other things...

Whatever I setup there, once I launch the game, the dosbox emulator gives me error "Program stopped working"

So I either play it ugly or not play at all...

That is why Im bitching ´=D
Aydza
pedestrian

Post by Aydza »

use dosbox to install it if you have an original copy or go to GOG.com and buy it on there with the splat pack included with 3dfx graphics support
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Aydza wrote:use dosbox to install it if you have an original copy or go to GOG.com and buy it on there with the splat pack included with 3dfx graphics support
I have that gog version that I got as part of KickstarterBacker reward... so yea I know it is strange but Im actually not trying to run pirated version and bitch about it on official forum...
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

I think if somekindbody who runs it on HD 16:9 monitor with correct aspect ratio (4:3 nonstrached), rar packed all the .conf files and threw them on mail for me that could be most usefull... I mean... you have no idea how many forums I have been thru.. everywere is the same...

"Yeeee buy it on gog"

"just use dosbox DAh!"

"I run it and it works...what's everybodys problem?"

That is really fucking helpful ... not an actuall solution tho.

Oh yea there was some .bat file onany that was for old CD version anyways...

and it is highly frustrating... as you can tell from my edgy sentences...
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

czechdeath, i have answered your worries in another form but please use the + and - keys to resize the screen which you see on your computer to make that playable area actually go full screen as you can see in one of your screenshots the rest of the game is actually looking to be full screen.

Best of luck.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

You can also pick up the Windows thingy (includes CARM95) as well as the cnc-ddraw mod, Czech bro.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

lemonrev wrote:czechdeath, i have answered your worries in another form but please use the + and - keys to resize the screen which you see on your computer to make that playable area actually go full screen as you can see in one of your screenshots the rest of the game is actually looking to be full screen.

Best of luck.

Eh no + and - do nothing for me and once again screen resolution was not my issue... the lack of 3dfx was my issue primarely...

Breakin'Benny wrote:You can also pick up the Windows thingy (includes CARM95) as well as the cnc-ddraw mod, Czech bro.
YAY thanx BRO....I have no Idea what you are talking about...

HOWEVER solution was (for me), to not use defaultly created shortcuts that are generated after installing the gog version. Ignore the Dosbox configurator, download latest nGlide and than FROM START MENU launch "Carmageddon(hardware)" and BAM now it works and uses acctual setting of nGlide and 3DFX...

Man what a fucking pain that was...

Now just need to solve the 10FPS flactuations -_- in performance and Im good to go!

So yea...
SILVIU21ANI
pedestrian

Post by SILVIU21ANI »

CARMA MELD PACK WORK WITH WIN 7 32/64 BIT AND YOU CAN PLAY IT ON NETWORK WITH " TUNNGLE SERVER "

THE CARMAGEDDON CANNAL IS ACTIVE , FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO PLAY ONLINE

Check who’s online