Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon PSP (Amazing unreleased Carmageddon game discovered!)

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

There is apparently ANOTHER carmageddon game that was being developed by Eidos once more called "Carmageddon PSP"

This concept art is all dandy and stuff but the most amazing part of this though is...

(You can click any of those pictures to view the full-sized versions)

Look at ALL those completely original cars, simply wonderful.

Thank you Bloodstability for discovering this forgotten carmageddon data!
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Where Bloodsy found this all? Doesn't look very Carmageddon to me but I like it. Propably game that would be amazing if it weren't Carmageddon. I see there is motorcycle and race get a place on track. And those Ladybug like cars are huge compared to others. I'm bit sad it never released even if it's not real Carma.

Edit. I allready found on other thread it's made by Alex Hartley.
TheCoach
hit n run

Post by TheCoach »

Those huge Ladybugs have some real potential though. scale them down and add a bit more detail to them and they could be really cool.

The futuristic car in the front is a bit eyecatching too.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

TheCoach wrote:Those huge Ladybugs have some real potential though. scale them down and add a bit more detail to them and they could be really cool.

The futuristic car in the front is a bit eyecatching too.

Coach, you'd be surprised but i believe those ladybugs are based on the Bugatti Type 41 "royale" which was always built at a scale that is WAY larger than any other car on the road. Here's a pic of how it looks like next to a normal-sized car.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Still bit oversized. Compare Bugatti like car to racecars on next row. Bugatti's wheels are about twice as high as race cars. And that rolls royce looks very tiny compared to Bugatti like car.

I think red car on third pic was meant to Red Eagle. Max is main character so it would be weird if there is no his car on concept art.

Maybe we need to drop line for Alex Hartley. Maybe he can give us more information about game.
http://hartley.nu/
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

I'm glad this didn't come to fruition, looks really lame. For some reason only stainless know how to make it look 'right', as right as carmageddon goes anyway. Also that piece of concept art with the vehicles racing looks far too much like stock car, and those logos? z-box? meh
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I don't think those are concepts from a legitimate Eidos concept. They rather look like a personal project for Nils Pedersen to show off his ability to do 3D for a specific support. As Blood says, that looks more like a stock car racing game than a Carmageddon game. Would be weird that Eidos themselves would have such a misconception about the franchise?! Very good little models though, nicely executed. And that green Mercedes looks close to AdR's Mad Benz.

[edit] Didn't pay enough attention to the actual drawings and where they are from... turns out Eidos were indeed stupid.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Yfrid
hit n run

Post by Yfrid »

by the look, i think they wanted to use carmageddon name to make some lazy Burnout rip-off (track racing, smashable cars, those models feels designed for fake damage with model swaps like most Burnouts or old GTAs) having no clue what potential such ip has. Some cars design looks pretty cool but other than that i think that game has potential to alienate and piss fanbase far beyond TDR ever did.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

those models feels designed for fake damage with model swaps

i think that is due to fact it was PSP game. I can't remember any Ps2 games with dynamic deformation let alone PSP.
Yfrid
hit n run

Post by Yfrid »

Motorstorm Arctic Edge has a very nice damage system considering PSP limits (i guess the same if not better on PS2, never played that version). Hardly comparable to proper dynamic deformation for sure, but cars has lots of detachables, and to me seems to crunch slightly without obvious swaps (maybe they are simply more varied than burnout? dunno) i feel it like a sort of carma1 crunching on bombs but waaay more limited bendings

models has also proper interiors and animated driver model, even ragdolls! if carmageddon ever existed on PSP i dream it with alike qualities! not painted windshields :x
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

I agree Carma PSP models looks very poor compared to Motorstorm. Very lo-poly (You can see it in pictures, there is visible wireframe).

Another thing I noted, there is three cars without loosable parts. Those with damaged textures. What you think these would? Drone cars?
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

How... bizarre.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
The Unbreakable Kavinsky
driver

Post by The Unbreakable Kavinsky »

Looks like Re-Volt, Carmageddon Edition.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

The Unbreakable Kavinsky wrote:Looks like Re-Volt, Carmageddon Edition.
I really hope the small cars powerup gives every car little RC antennas to them. R.C.MAGEDDON!

RCs for CR! =D
The Unbreakable Kavinsky
driver

Post by The Unbreakable Kavinsky »

lol oh god were never gonna run out of ideas for this game are we

Viva La Re Volt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voj2M9lhGBA

Check who’s online