Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Original Carma, but not all the tracks are included?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
whenallelsefa1ls
pedestrian

Post by whenallelsefa1ls »

Hello all.

So i recently bought Carma 1 on GOG.com, since I was tired of struggling with my original copy on windows 7.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that the GOG version has way more tracks than what my copy came with.

The version I have on disc is Carmageddon High Octane, and it has all the tracks up to Magnachem Mayhem. Nothing afterwards. It has all of the vehicles the GOG version has, and everything else, but I also was always unable to access any network games as that was a feature that "did not come with this version."

My question to you is, what kind of version of Carmageddon did I have as a kid? It was given to me for christmas when i was 7 years old (1998), and it ran in MS-DOS. I still have the disc, and I'd really like to know why it lacked network play and 50% of the tracks. I always did a full installation, but for some odd reason my version severely lacked game features.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Apparently, the High-Octane version of Carmageddon is a low-cost-for-less-content kind of game.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Plus, know that the GOG version also comes with the Splat Pack, which includes even more levels. Though you have to start the Splat Pack specifically to get them, so I doubt that the problem is just you mixing the original, the Splat Pack, and the High-Octane version.

Still, lucky you! You can enjoy more levels now than before! It would've sucked if it was the other way around...
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
whenallelsefa1ls
pedestrian

Post by whenallelsefa1ls »

@Espyo Yeah, I know about the splat-pack. I still have that as well on disc, i bought it on ebay, except it's the german edition and it's a bitch and a half to hack to have pedestrians again (the peds are replaced with boring floating robots in the german edition).

@Breakin'Benny Can you confirm this somewhere? cause i've heard people talking about the high-octane version as if it were the full game before.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

whenallelsefa1ls wrote:@Breakin'Benny Can you confirm this somewhere? cause i've heard people talking about the high-octane version as if it were the full game before.

I found this.

Check who’s online