Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How can i play carma on Win98?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Al_bundy
pedestrian

Post by Al_bundy »

Hello,

if i start carma.exe, the game start, but all is to fast.

Then i will start in 3dfx mode. I copy 3dfx and carmav.exe in the instalationfolder and start 3dfx. Dos write keyboard.cok failed. I search the keyboardcok and copy this in the datafolder. I start carmav.exe and it write "Fatal error: cant load pixelmap file". I search the smoke.pix file and copy this in the correct folder. Then i start carmav. It works, but its all fast too.

Hardware:

Asus A7N266VM + Onboard GPU (Geforce 2MX driver: 43.45, chipsetdriver: nforce 420)

Athlon XP 1800+

2x256Mb Ram DDR400

Voodoo 1 4MB Diamond Monster driver: 3.01.00

160gb new Harddisk

New dvd Rom

I hope you can support me to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Marc
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

What are the contents of your CD? Hit Prnt-Screen whilst holding the Left Alt key to make the screencap focus only on the active window, save that picture in Paint by pasting it in with Ctrl-V, hit Ctrl-S and upload it somewhere...

If 3DFX mode doesn't work at all, how about you try the CARM95.exe if you have it? If you do, be sure to use high-res mode by right-clicking on the .EXE and making a shortcut, add "-hires" after the target to force hardware mode.
JayJ47
pedestrian

Post by JayJ47 »

Can I just ask, why is it your trying to run it on a Win98 machine? It is possible to run the game using modern OS's.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Anyway buddy, the simple way to try playing is to make a shortcut to the CARM95.exe (if it exists) and add -hires after the target, in order to force SVGA mode. Otherwise, you have to do that with the CARMA.exe which is DOS-style.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

ok in dos mode you might want to run with the game and not even load into 98 if you can do so.

Voodoo graphics lol oh dear do i remember those lol, The way you have to hook them up oh dear lol.

It sounds like you have almost what it takes to run in 3dfx mode. the error your getting could be due to a program god dang it, i had it on the tip of my tongue, Theres another driver set you need to install when running under 98.

but seriously , buy it on gog.com and download it, transfer it from usb to computer and play that way in 98, should work great, but trouble is that gog uses dosbox and thats already ment to emulate the old win 98 erra :P.

Good luck. if i remember the program ill let you in yea.

edit..

Voodoolizer 1.05.00 for Win9x|ME ?????????????????????
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

lemonrev wrote:ok in dos mode you might want to run with the game and not even load into 98 if you can do so.

Voodoo graphics lol oh dear do i remember those lol, The way you have to hook them up oh dear lol.

It sounds like you have almost what it takes to run in 3dfx mode. the error your getting could be due to a program god dang it, i had it on the tip of my tongue, Theres another driver set you need to install when running under 98.

but seriously , buy it on gog.com and download it, transfer it from usb to computer and play that way in 98, should work great, but trouble is that gog uses dosbox and thats already ment to emulate the old win 98 erra :P.

Good luck. if i remember the program ill let you in yea.

edit..

Voodoolizer 1.05.00 for Win9x|ME ?????????????????????

Tell you what lemonrev, my dad has a Voodoo card that looks like this. I brought it to his work so I could play on a Windows 98 SE PC. (Lucky him)
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

LOL, thats just far too funny, Sweet card looking thing but yea, i seen them when they where out. Nice looking cards i had a monster x or some rubbish way back with a 333mhtz cpu :P, good old times yea :)

Check who’s online