Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon 1 3dfx editing fog of races...

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Hey as im chewing my way thru carma1 once again I noticed that some races like fridge racer and some other races are lacking the fog/darkness fading...

SO I opened races, because I have edited fog in C2 - it's collor atleast before, I wanted to sink in to adding fog for races where there is not. However when I open .txt of any race... it is giberish... even tho it is text file it is coded... anyone knows quick fix for that?

Or even better anyone had done whan Im about to ? =)
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Odd, it should have the fog... Anyway, the files are gibberish because you didn't decrypt them -- type IWANNAFIDDLE on one of the pre-race main menus, wait for a few seconds, and when you hear the tyres screeching, you know it's done. Close the game and check again.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

That's IWANTTOFIDDLE actually.
Bet that hurt!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Oh just like "ENALBLE" cheat? OK thanx...

Espyo wrote:Odd, it should have the fog...
Well yes it should, but fog is not in fridge racer and it is also missing in death valley for me... and perhaps some more, but because I overwrote my savegames and playing it again and this time Im trying to obeserve where there is for and where isnt...

In maim street or industrial damage there is fog no problem aswell as costal carnage... so my guess is it is just badly configured... + I had this on both older and up to date version of GOG carma...
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

LordToastALot wrote:That's IWANTTOFIDDLE actually.

It was 1 AM, and my mind was like "It's fine Espyo, you know you can remember the code from the top of your head while sleep deprived. Just type it on the post, I'm sure it's right!"

I'm such a sad sod when I'm sleepy :(
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Espyo wrote:
LordToastALot wrote:That's IWANTTOFIDDLE actually.

It was 1 AM, and my mind was like "It's fine Espyo, you know you can remember the code from the top of your head while sleep deprived. Just type it on the post, I'm sure it's right!"

I'm such a sad sod when I'm sleepy :(

I hear yea =D

Check who’s online