Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Ported to Consoles

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
KHATIX
pedestrian

Post by KHATIX »

My Fellow Racers

Would you or Would you not, Pay n Play the great carmageddon series, if they were ported to current consoles?

Honestly, Carmageddon was ported to N64 and the original Playstation. But since other consoles have risen, it seems that this great game series was left in the dark corners of the PC world. I myself would be more than willing to dish out $30 - $50 for the Series on Xbox360. What say the rest of you?
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

It can happen, if the game sells well.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Wouldn't Stainless be better off concentrating on the NEW game? That's where they'll make their money.
KHATIX
pedestrian

Post by KHATIX »

Stainless should concentrate on the new game, but it wouldn't be a bad idea if they contracted someone else to port over the older games and add-ons in the series. I would say a give 'em 25% as of commission, Keep the 75% to use for better resources in Reincarnation. Its really not a bad idea, and it helps Stainless to get word of their upcoming game out to the gaming community. I was born in 87, I remember playing the original carmageddon on an old Tandy PC and Carmageddon 2 on a Packard Bell, But its annoying when I ask teens and young adults if they know about this game, most of them reply "Ain't you talkin bout Twisted Metal?!" or "I thought you were talkin about the 3 Death Race movies"

If Stainless wont port out their older games to consoles, their not going to have the big fanbase they want when reincarnation is released, cause most of these moronic sheepel wont have any idea what it is and because of that, they wont touch it.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Porting the old games to consoles won't do much for expanding the game's fanbase. People who know about Carmageddon would buy it but very few of the people you're talking about introducing it to would pay the slightest bit of attention to it at best or, at worst, they would just decide Carmageddon games were shit, after all they're old games they have never heard of and look rubbish compared to the games they're used to playing. The mobile version of C1 works wonders for growing the fanbase because it's many times better looking than the majority of games people play on their phones or tablets and immensely more playable.

The best way for them to attract new players on consoles is to release the new game and have it impress the people they want to attract to the game. It doesn't matter if hardly any of those younger gamers have heard of the previous games because they will just see it as a new game, just like what happened with games like XCOM. Sometimes it's better to bring such gamers in on a clean slate instead of forcing history on them. I know for sure that if the original X-COM game had been released on consoles in an attempt to build the fanbase up it would have been a catastrophe.
a.k.a. Brent
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

heh.

A game from 1997 is eons more fun and better-looking than the majority of games for a console platform that is popular "today" with all the technological advancements we have? I guess talent or good ideas dont grow on trees, eh?
ZeroSafe5615
driver

Post by ZeroSafe5615 »

I'd like to see Carmageddon running on the Vita and 3DS, that'd be neat.
Marauderizer
mechanic

Post by Marauderizer »

Porting to a console after the PC is finished would be a good way to spread the word about Carmageddon & make some $$ at the same time. I remember when Caramageddon came out on Gameboy Color and people were like "Whoa whats that??" and I'm like "You don't know about Carmageddon??". So yeah :)
Maxaxle
pedestrian

Post by Maxaxle »

I know this is quite a bump, but let me just make a point.
No console-based Carmageddon game to date has been any good. And no, I don't consider Android or iOS phones/tablets to be "consoles".

"Why does this matter?" Because very few gamers would even bother touching a new Carma game on a console if they knew about the older ones.

"Oh, but they'll change their mind once they see the reviews." This is simultaneously a great point and a not-so-great point. It's a great point in that many gamers implicitly trust review sites big and small. However, there is and will always be Hype Backlash and/or distrust of reviewers due to larger reviewing sites *cough cough IGN Gamespy RockPaperShotgun cough cough* being corrupt or easy to sway.

I'm not AGAINST a console port of Carma, I'm just saying that getting the trust of anyone who knows about the existing console ports will be a real challenge. And if a port is made it all, it better be a good one, at the risk of loosing a lot of money.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Lets see here, all the old console ports werent made by Stainless, and the bad Carmageddon games werent made by Stainless.

The iOS/android ports of Carmageddon made by stainless were great, and the new Carmageddon game being made by stainless is also great.

Who's to say that a console port by Stainless wouldn't also be great?
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

I really hope to see ios version ported to PS Vita.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

FatCat wrote:Lets see here, all the old console ports werent made by Stainless, and the bad Carmageddon games werent made by Stainless.

The iOS/android ports of Carmageddon made by stainless were great, and the new Carmageddon game being made by stainless is also great.

Who's to say that a console port by Stainless wouldn't also be great?

PlayStation and N64 were made by Stainless, except they weren't given time trying to fix even the small bugs.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Breakin'Benny wrote:
PlayStation and N64 were made by Stainless, except they weren't given time trying to fix even the small bugs.

Uhhh dude?
https://wiki.cwaboard.co.uk/wiki/Carmageddon_%28PlayStation%29 (Developper: Ubisoft)
https://wiki.cwaboard.co.uk/wiki/Carmageddon_64 (Developper: Software Creations)

Where did you get the idea that they were developped by Stainless?
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

FatCat wrote:
Breakin'Benny wrote:

Uhhh dude?
https://wiki.cwaboard.co.uk/wiki/Carmageddon_%28PlayStation%29 (Developper: Ubisoft)
https://wiki.cwaboard.co.uk/wiki/Carmageddon_64 (Developper: Software Creations)

Where did you get the idea that they were developped by Stainless?

My bad for thinking way too fast...!
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

Would definetely buy a Vita if this happens.
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda

Check who’s online