Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Your Ride?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
JohnStercus
mechanic

Your Ride?

Post by JohnStercus »

What do you tool around in, bub?

This here birdcrap and dust-covered monstrosity:

is Bertha, my truck, my baby. She's a 1972 Ford F-250 with a 360 engine. She used to be white, but me, some OD housepaint and roller changed all that...

I refurbished and resealed the engine myself and mickey-moused a whole bunch of stuff under the hood. I mean there is some bon-a-fide, jan-u-wine, redneck engineering in there. Like that 4 inch stack of washers I've got in between the radiator (From a '66 Ford Truck) mounting bracket and the engine compartment, the four random model water intake/outake hoses I bought, cut to size and strung together, and that 1992 Ranger wiring harness I've got in there with a little 12v idiot light taped in and hanging loose in the engine compartment. See, it fits the wires in the compartment, but there's an extra plug for an idiot light. Without a 12v light plugged into it the circuit is left incomplete and no juice gets anywhere. I was stumped for days on that dilly of a problem. There's plenty more shit like that which I've since forgotten.

Anyway, some people call that stuff crap, but I prefer to call it character... It's a very happy coincidence that AdR made his F-100 Marauder from the same year model as my truck. I always wanted to know what my truck would like after the apocalypse. Granted, it already looks pretty post-apocalyptic. Also, mowing down peds and wasting my opponents in my very own truck gives me a massive hard-on.

Before anyone asks about the plate, no I'm not some peckerwood Aryan skinhead, I'm just a stubborn son of the South (Read: an asshole who loves stirring up shit that need not be stirred). It's since been taken down, but not before I helped a friend of mine move furniture across town, during which, our route took us through some of Los Angeles' finest ethnic ghettos...

So, enough of my jabbering, what's your real life ride?
"I’d guesstimate it’s a sex thing; it's the only way I can figure it. High velocity impact... Twisted metal... Busted glass... Four souls taken at exactly the same time... Probably the only way that diabolical degenerate can shoot his goo."
n3wton
Wasted!

Re: Your Ride?

Post by n3wton »

I drive a 1997 Mazda 323F for my day to day stuff, but also got a:-

1990 1.8 Mazda MX5 Euros

1987 1.8 Golf Clipper

and am in the process of buying a Toyota Supra, been after one for ages now, but am after a certain model, has to be non-turbo (basically due to my age, cant get insuranced god damn it) and am after a manual gearbox and with the aerotop... got my eye on a couple on ebay @ the minute... oh also want it higher then a UK 1996 (N) Reg to I can get my personal plate but back on!

Pictures to follow laters, when I get home!
JohnStercus
mechanic

Post by JohnStercus »

basically due to my age, cant get insuranced god damn it

The the strong arm of Big Brother protects you from yourself.
"I’d guesstimate it’s a sex thing; it's the only way I can figure it. High velocity impact... Twisted metal... Busted glass... Four souls taken at exactly the same time... Probably the only way that diabolical degenerate can shoot his goo."
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I think we allready know since i made it.. but..

86' Dodge ram 5.9 V8, wich is 360... wana race? heh, that.. .was made in 84 o.o

Tho ive tryed to own a number of what you call classic.. cars, only to have repeated problems, and new cars are made from plastic.. so im kinda stuck..

And imma gona fill it with jet fule and fly with the birds... uh, sorry ive been watching famly guy
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I think we've done this already at least once, but here goes again....2003 Tundra
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
doomandemol
69et01

Post by doomandemol »

on road

2005 spectra

1978 new yorker

wait in field

74 impalas wagon

lot of fith ave

72 76 fleetwood

78 newyorker

75 electra 225

62 imperial
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Needs new brake lines soon.

Not even on the road right now, trying for my A-Z 1st

... sigh. It sits lonely by the crashed AMX 390 of a friend of the farm's.

( no we didn't wreck the AMX )

autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Now thats crushage! What the hell did that hit?

I dont have a car, or even a license anymore. I guess it would be nice to have one sometimes, but I dont really need one, nor can I really afford one.. seems like a waste of money on all the insurance you gotta pay for each month just to drive it.

Speaking of which.. these are my rides!

My race bike, a trek 2100 frame from 1991 I "slightly modified", needs a few finishing touches.

Another bike I'm turning into a house o' fire, it was originally a 1975 or 76 Sekine SHS. Im thinking of picking up a drill press to finish off the drillium look for it.

Piece 'o crap winter bike for going to work/store.

Yarr!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ya this topic has been done some times, Nice cadi Jabman :tongue: heh rules, i had a cadi once.. damn thing was nothing but problems.. rusted out full of holes and bits fell off.. hm..

and autopilot?.. uh.. nice.. legs?.. hehe
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

The pics are from the LandPirates farm, where my Caddi is sleeping.

The AMX hit a pickup truck headon. Wasn't going too fast. It's a friend of a fellow pirate's car.

Apparently it was the last day of school, and he pulled out of the parking lot not paying much attention, and ding. I imagine it sucks having summer but no classic auto.

I think I win the slow award. 307 olds "economical" V8 in a 2.2 ton car. It gets up to 140kph... eventually. 0-60 is pretty funny.
JohnStercus
mechanic

Post by JohnStercus »

I think we allready know since i made it.. but..

86' Dodge ram 5.9 V8, wich is 360... wana race? heh, that.. .was made in 84 o.o

Tho ive tryed to own a number of what you call classic.. cars, only to have repeated problems, and new cars are made from plastic.. so im kinda stuck.

LOL, I might be able to race Autopilot's bicycle, but otherwise I'm SOL. There's something wrong with my throttle control arm, or maybe the linkage so the acceleration is really slow. She can get up to sixty but it takes, uh, a while...

At some point I'll have that looked at then we'll burn some asphalt, k? :wink:

As for classic car problems, if you're prepared to put some work and money into the car, you'll be okay. I worked a whole lot on this car, ripping the old engine out, resealing and cleaning the "new" engine, sticking it in, putting in new peripherals; alternator etc, greasing the bearings, putting on new tires. It was about a month's worth of work I did when I could, over a period of three months. After having a friend adjust my carburetor, I have had no problems in the year since I've bought this thing. "Classic" cars can be practical if you're willing to work or pay for them. All together, including the original price, I sunk about 1,200 dollars into this truck and not only can I live with that, I think it's a value. It looks great and does what I need it to do, provided I warm her up a bit first. Plus, I find it really rewarding to drive around in something I hobbled together myself.

Now if I just get up off my ass and finally work out my throttle control arm problem or get a mechanic to do it, I'll be able to have a speedy truck too...

tl;dr: My truck is slow. Classic cars can be good if you work on them.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

This being called autopilot is the real deal! If biking during winter in Sudbury is anything like doing so in St.John's, which I assume it must be close to..only slightly less hilly, said act demands respect. It's definitely no warmer there than here...not to mention the other factors. And to do so regularly!

I have but 2 usable single-speed bicycles. which are quite poorly suited to this city's geography. Don't even get me started on the climate?! This time of year, I simply walk everywhere / avoid leaving the house whenever possible?!
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Here would be mine:

It is a 1978 Plymouth Arrow with the four-in-the-floor manual and a 1.6 L four banger under the hood.

A few things have been done to it since I last posted it. I sanded and primed a bunch of rust spots to help protect it. The grey spots don't look good though(unfortunately, theres plenty more on the drivers side). I had meant to paint over it, but couldn't find any spray cans of a similar color. Oh well, it will hold it till I get a proper paint job.

I've also got to admit that I added a stereo/CD player. I only added it since it was given to me and its nice to play my own music. It's nothing major though. Just two regular speakers and two tweeters. I don't even have a woofer yet!(been meaning to make a post about that.) I did try to keep the modifications to the car to a minimum. I believe I only drilled two holes(underneath the dash, out of site) for screws. The other screws/bolts used existing holes. By doing this, I ended up hiding the regular speakers wile still sounding good.

Other than that, the rest is just rather minor stuff, along with minor repairs and maintenance. Also, I made sure to bring it with me when I moved. Probably a good thing, as they use less road salt in the winter here.

Anyways, nice rides!

I should take a picture of my bike some time. I'll probably be using it again in the summer as there are plenty of nice trails here.
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

I had a '95 Sable. Now I have an '03 Taurus. It's not a big jump, but whatever. I just like these cars despite being bland-mobiles (although IMO they have personality). Not much to talk about, both have the optional engines (3.8L torque monster in the Sable which I miss very much and a high-tech sophisticated 3.0L DOHC V6 in the Taurus) and are very clean. They would not fit in with any of the other rides here.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

My Citroen Xantia:

1.8 liter inline-4, 103 horsepower, running on LPG.

Since the time these photos have been taken I've taken out all the stickers (as this was my father's car, it had a bunch of stickers from my dad's/brother's company), I've bought a new headunit (a nice Alpine unit, great sound) and I've put a small sub (200 watt) in the trunk for some bass, which the door speakers sadly lacked. Also, a few paint touch-ups have been done in spots where the original factory paint had started to peel.

Love this car to bits. Big, soft and comfortable. It's my love boat. :smile:
JohnStercus
mechanic

Post by JohnStercus »

The grey spots don't look good though(unfortunately, theres plenty more on the drivers side). I had meant to paint over it, but couldn't find any spray cans of a similar color. Oh well, it will hold it till I get a proper paint job.

I shit you not, house paint and a roller do a damn fine job if you're painting it a flat color. People would have no clue that my truck was painted with a roller if I wasn't proclaiming it with beaming pride to anyone who asks about it.

Anyway, get some flat, weather-resistant, metal-acceptable paint from your local home improvement store, rollers of various sizes, a brush for detailing and some painter's tape and you'll be good to go. I picked my color from scratch, but since you're doing touch up work, I hear that Lowe's even does computer based color-matching, so you can get it matched "perfectly" right from the store.

It easier than spraying, easier to get the perfect color, you don't need to tape as much shit, and you're not spreading tiny dots of paint throughout the backyard.

Just a thought.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

And don't forget duct tape is perfect for upholstery repairs and a coat hanger makes a great antennae..... :tongue: (just giving you a hard time)
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Nice Car Alex, its a shame we dont have decent old cars like that here in the UK!
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

I think most people have seen my pride and joy

1977 LTD with 400 and C6. 2.73:1 rear end.

I found specs for it, [url=mailto:158hp@5400rpm">158hp@5400rpm[/url][url=mailto:276ft-lbs@4600rpm">276ft-lbs@4600rpm[/url] 5700lbs

(that is 374 Nm and 117 kW weighing 2585kg)

I also roll in a 1992 F-150 standard cab long bed with the 5.0 and automatic

and a 1992 Toyota Paseo stick with about a quarter million miles on it. Its my econohoopty

I think I have a bicycle in a storage locker with the rest of my crap (until I get a house and move out of my friend's place)
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Thanks, guys!

JohnStercus: I never really thought of doing that. Course, the closest thing I've heard to that involves house paint and brush, and I know that ain't good! I'll look into your way. It'll probably be temporary anyways. I'd like to get a proper paint job and body work done someday.

n3wton: Yeah, it seems to be getting rare here too. I have yet to see another one. Guess I'm lucky to have it.

Which reminds me of something I've thought about. Rust is just not good. Sure, it can add something to some vehicles, but really - leave it and it will just eat away at the vehicle until theres nothing left. Whats the point of making a strong, reliable and generally great vehicle only for it to rust away? The Ford Model T and VW Beetle are two examples. They're regarded as be good and reliable vehicles, but I doubt there is anything near the record amount that was made of them around anymore! On the other hand, the old Series Land Rovers were not regarded as highly reliable, but there is about 70% of them still going! This is in part due to there bodies being made of aluminum, known to be rust-proof. Wile it can be nice having a better chance at owning a rare vehicle, this is still a matter of opinion. It would be something different and is worth more than similar vehicles, but its harder to find parts, replacement vehicles, sometimes information and other owners of the same vehicles,in which you could talks, get togethers and clubs about the car.

I believe this wouldn't have a large effect on the market and the number of vehicles on the roads. People buy new vehicles for numerous other reasons and there are plenty of other ways to destroy a vehicle.

Just some thoughts I figure I'd get out.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Tosh.. Behold the Mitsubishi Celeste!

Not europian.. thank god :P but you might be abel to get em there? seeing as aisa exports cars um.. everywhere?
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Yes, the Arrow is actually a Mitsubishi Lancer Celeste, though I did read it gets styling cues from other cars. Doesn't stop me from liking it though!

As for similar, the closest I can think of is the Nissan B210 coupe and Opel Kadett C coupe.

If ya do that Tosh, I may havta invest in a real shotgun!(Nah, I'd probably give ya a ride in my car.)
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

This here's the cage I'm currently driving.

2002 PT Cruiser

The bike is a 2001 Kaw Vulcan 1500 Drifter

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
doomandemol
69et01

Post by doomandemol »

why wait
Slayer
hit n run

Post by Slayer »

Right now it's this '82 Olds 98 for winter...

In the spring it'll be the '80 Mirada again. Working on putting in a 4 speed right now

I also have this '73 New Yorker I bought in the fall, no motor in it but I'm working on getting a 440 for it.

And of course Dad's '67 Newport. Hopefully new paint/interior this year

Chrysler FIREpower:) crashoc
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Slayer! Lucky man, I love that f'n '80 Mirada. That's one bad car.

I have been looking to import one myself, but y'know... Money can trouble anything.
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Not a big fan of Miradas, but yours is really hot Slayer! I can't believe you're driving that Olds as a winter beater. It looks too nice.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

The New Yorker and the '98 are grande, especially the new yorker.. I was not aware of that one!
doomandemol
69et01

Post by doomandemol »

:shock:

to slayer

nice ride
Slayer
hit n run

Post by Slayer »

Thanks for the comments guys, yeah the 98 looks great in that pic but she's pretty rusty, the bottoms of all the doors are shot but the stainless trim hides it well, the rear floors are bad and the frame is bad from the rear wheels to the bumper. I love it but after this winter she will be retired from service I think. :sad: The '73 New Yorker will take it's place after I get a motor for it. I'm holding out for a 440 but I haven't been able to snag one yet, I may settle for a 383 there's a few of those around.

Chrysler FIREpower:) crashoc
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

I do have to agree, you do have some nice old rides there, Slayer!

To Tosh: I do understand, the current paint doesn't look bad on it, but I haven't showen you the drivers side. Theres a lot more primer on that side and theres also some terminal rust around the rear wheel wells. If left untreated, the rust will just continue to consume the car, and it deserves better than that. I still think it would look great in a nice red & black paint job.

If you do get a hold of one yourself, I would wish you good luck, as these cars seem to be getting rare.

On a side note, the Arrow is running rather nice lately. Its like it also likes the new area. Sometimes it really wants to move!
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

here are my toys

Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

My god, that LTD must be slow. 158 hp and 5700 lbs.

Using my magical 0-60 time calculator, that means:

at LEAST 18 seconds from 0-60. Probably more like 20-something because I bet it has a shitty transmission.

Check who’s online