Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

CarEd busted?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Alan
Honkey

CarEd busted?

Post by Alan »

Ahoy hoy.. I installed CarEd just as I always have, the right files in the right places, searched topics, everything seems to line up. The day I installed it all worked fine, the next day I went to use it, crash! I have changed nothing. It starts, the DOS box comes up, the left window starts to load, loads halfway and bang thats it. I have to X out of it, close program etc. Whats the deal with this goddamned cursed program! I want to go back to making shitty half-assed cars I never finish, damnit! :supermad:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: CarEd busted?

Post by Razor »

CarEd sometimes doesn't load correctly but it sounds like you probably are having the same problem I used to, not sure what version of Java 3D you have but I was using the OpenGL version and running into all sorts of problems, I later uninstalled it and installed the DirectX version (can be found here: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/PC/Java3 ... irectX.exe) and everything has been fine since.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Well I tried that, now when I click the Cared.bat the dos screen brifely appears on screen then disappears, thats it.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

You're running XP 32bit right?
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Jeez, Alan not to be a jerk but do we need another ' CarEd not working' thread?

All of this, and I mean ALL of it is easily found

- JAVA 3D and install

- editing /bin path

But welcome back. Good to see you.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Yes, in fact we did! :thumbsup: Actually I searched and was shocked to see my post with the same problem, so yes, Sir I did read that. So ALL of that didnt really fix anything. Anyways, after reinstalling it again doing everything the same way it somehow works, I dont know. Thankyou to those that replied, I love you!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I've had a problem like this before, every time I started the PC or even started CarEd after closing it, it wouldn't start properly but after reinstalling Java3D it all worked fine until the next time I started it, my problem was that I was using the OpenGL version of Java3D, I changed to DirectX and it has been fine ever since.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Yeah I had had a similar thing like that before, wouldnt start, then redoot pc and it started, no apparent cause for it, I always had OpenGL as well. It's a weird program. But hey, it works now (for now).

Check who’s online