Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TSS returns

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

TSS returns

Post by Lumberjack »

I'm sure that the people most interested in this news at the moment would be the ex-staff of TSS. I've converted the site over to a new cms, luckily I was able to use an import tool to migrate the old data so things were quicker. The site is back online.

The new system has the facility for user registration, file submissions, story postings, forum and comment interactions, and a massive host of other features. These are disabled at the moment! I can create user accounts for the old staff if you want it, and from there we can work out the details of the rest.

Most of the content should be in the new system now. However I think there are a few things which are missing, notably files for Conquest (are these required now rm?) and cheats pages, I'm sure there are a few others missing too. Please let me know which things should really be on the site which are missing at the moment.

You might notice also that I dug up the old CWA logo :smile: talk about nostalgia.

Next step: get xp, carmageddon games, CarEd, PT2 etc installed. I have some brief notions for a new car in my head. Might need a little poking on this one :wink:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Re: TSS returns

Post by random_monkey »

Er, I'll check. I think they may be backed up on related sites so probably not.

Good to see the resurrection anyway :lol:
random_monkey
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Yeah, good to see TSS back up, I'm not so sure about this new look it has though.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ya, maybe LJ can fiddle withthe CSS some and give it a dark bkg.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

At the moment content is the priority. I know the design is a big change, but it looks ok and I 'd rather focus on other things for now. Key thing is to get some more files up! So I'll be making my first car for many years- but don't expect that anytime soon! If anyone else has something to submit, we'll get your account set up. Cheers,

LJ
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Hmm, so alright the design does look a bit pants. I need some inspiration, so going off this:

TSS v5

TSS v6

TSS v7 (current)

I think its clear by now that TSS is established in green (older incarnations took on other colours! Can't actually remember them all).

Looking back at v5 I quite like the idea of a wheel in the corner to integrate sections together. I don't want to have this new version quite so dark, so I think we're going for something of a mash between v5, 6 and current. Of course nowadays have to design the whole thing in bloody css, so I have to relearn web design, haha.

TSS has a possibility to display new items from other sites, it seems like a good community integration facility. Thoughts?
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Although I like the simplicity of v5, I still prefer v6, which I've known for some time. V7 seems too plain to me.

I like the idea of displaying new items from other sites. Would give people a central location for updates.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Yes I know what you mean, v6 has become very familiar. Perhaps time for a change! v7 is not my design by the way, its one of the included themes in the new cms.

Thanks Alex, by the way if you want to submit your own files to TSS (I know TTR used to do it) it should be no problem now.

Do other sites generate rss feeds of file submissions? If other are interested in this idea, PM me your feed urls. We can also reciprocate :wink:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Yes I do happen to like v6 much more.

v6 = Something very green
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Hmm... Maybe the new theme should revolve around the name of the place. I mean, it's The Spray Shop right? So, maybe a on top of the site a car being painted in a paint room? Then for the rest, hmm, what about a change from green? And maybe a background of a primed car part?
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Thanks guys. New v7 now looking much more like the old v6, just a few slight tweaks here and there. I liked Soup's idea of a theme of spraying cars, but it turns out I'm not creative enough for that :wink: instead I made a title image in a graffiti sort of style.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Looking good.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

looking good indeed! and no more annoying ads at the top. Good work!
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Hopefully it will stay that way. The ad is actually hidden (view the source code), our host requires them there but apparently they don't have to render. We'll see if that actually ads up :oops:
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

By the way if anyone needs a place to upload their cars/skins/etc, TSS is wide open! You can do it yourself, quite simple, just need to register and request uploading permissions first.
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

As soon as I finish something. Same as always, health issues in the way. *sigh*
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!

Check who’s online