Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Death Race 2000

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
sprintcarfan2007
pedestrian

Death Race 2000

Post by sprintcarfan2007 »

What did u guys think of the movie?

I thought it was pretty funny, it kinda had that dark humor.

I haven't seen the new one, but the new one looks a bit too serious in my opinion
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Death Race 2000

Post by coffeycup »

I think most of us in the carma community love the movie and probably own a dvd of it.

Chevelle made cars from the movie and here's a page with more info.

Never got around to seeing the new one :crazy:
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Don't care for the original much, has a few moments but...

Not interested in the new one really, I think guns and roses (the worlds crappiest band) playing in the preview ruined it all, what if they play the song in the movie. You're just sitting there watching and BAM, youre looking for pen to stab deep into your ears hoping you can make yourself deaf so you never have to face such an ordeal again!

Oh yeah: "The rules are... there are no rules!"
sprintcarfan2007
pedestrian

Post by sprintcarfan2007 »

Hey now, come on, Guns N Roses are good.
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

I like the original, just the right amount of 70's cheesy, car chases, stuff blowing up, boobies.

well, it could have used more boobies,

but I think it is outright hilarious.

"our enemy, the french"

"What's that?"

"Its a hand grenade." get it? his hand is a grenade, its a hand grenade

They just don't script stuff like that anymore.

funny without falling into just plain dumb
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I love the original, i think the new one is awful, it shouldn't even be called death race, it should have a different title.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

hehe...well I know you're a fan of them, and there are worse bands out there, but I do think they're VERY overrated...not unlike when my buddy said "Led Zepplin: the most overrated rock band of all time" which is agreeable I think, and yet I'd still rather listen to them than "Gn'R" if I had no other choice?! And so on..!

Anyway, Death Race 2000 I found pretty good...at the time I saw it. (about 10 years ago) I mean, at least it didn't take itself too seriously (or at all really).

Whereas the so-called remake, just seeing the trailer made it clear it's cinematic poison on par with those fuckin' "fast and furious" movies...let alone seeing it played ad nauseum for a week or two?!
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

i love watching tdr2000 but the remake was alright not anything to get excited about
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Initially I was fired about about the new movie but then never got out to see it. I don't know, going to the theater isn't all that enjoyable anymore, meh. I'll want for it to come out on DVD.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Initially I was fired about about the new movie but then never got out to see it. I don't know, going to the theater isn't all that enjoyable anymore, meh. I'll want for it to come out on DVD.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Saw the new one, liked it. Certainly not a thinking man's movie, but it's not supposed to be. It's plain fun. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a fun afternoon with a beer or two and a bowl of popcorn.
spawn666
pedestrian

Post by spawn666 »

only saw the first movie and the only thing that shocked me was the scene where 14K's car got the door drilled by the dreadnought's (the truck) wheel that had a driller like val hella's car cause after opening the hole it squirted 14K's co-pilot (a girl) and the image of the drill getting covered in blood and flesh while hearing the girl screaming nevel left my mind.

Check who’s online