Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Novadrome = Beelzebub game engine ?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
toroid
hit n run

Novadrome = Beelzebub game engine ?

Post by toroid »

An idea just crossed my mind. If this Novadrome game uses the Beelzebub game engine, couldn't it be possible to modify the game to be a lot like Carmageddon since the game's engine is basically a revised version of the engine found in Carmageddon 2 ? Assuming that the required parts of the engine are there, and that they can be easily altered, then all you would have to do is make some models and skins and tracks, and tweak some variables, and we could have a cool looking game.... a Carmageddon total conversion.

I know that's a lot of "what if", but really..... What if?

We have been looking for a next-generation engine to "Carmageddonize", maybe this could work.

Errol
Toxic Ranger

Re: Novadrome = Beelzebub game engine ?

Post by Errol »

Well, it's sometimes a bit scary when you find someone thinking exactly the same thoughts as yourself. And this is one scary scary time.

I've already emailed my good mate (well, back in the day, I haven't spoken to him in aaaaages) Nobby from Stainless to ask for some more info, but if what both you and myself think is true then we could very well do a complete Carma 2 conversion.

And seeing that this game has been developed with online play in mind that would make the whole conversion that little bit sweeter.

Good job that man!

Errol
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

After looking at some more screenshots, I can start to recognize the details.

Uh... I'm starting to think that this game could be cool even without heavy modifications.

D=damage, A=armor, P=power... what does the "G" stand for?

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

G-spott?...oh wait...nvm...wrong subject :grin:
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Grip maybe?

(something that was missing to tune in Carma...)
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

Grip maybe?

(something that was missing to tune in Carma...)

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Gee... that game looks pretty terrible, though I suppose if you put some normal vehicles in it and a normal atmosphere it could look good. What kinda specs do you need to run Novadrome?

Anyways, thats a pretty interesting idea.. would be good to see it come to fruition!
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

It looks like any of the millions of cookie-cutter futuristic racing titles for the playstation. You know, those 700mph seizure inducing games designed for crack addicts.
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

Yeah, all of that neon crap makes my brain itch. That's why I said it would look cool if we could put new models and textures and tracks into it in my first post.

I'm willing to bet that the game's mechanics are really similar to Carma 2.

Check who’s online