Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

What car do you drive in real life?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: What car do you drive in real life?

Post by Deep_Blue »

I..er, uh...never seen a real one before... But now that I remember the one ya made for C1 and 2-the light clicks on..

I think I'm gonna change m'name to Al Zheimers.

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
NAPALM-X
Menace

Post by NAPALM-X »

Here's my ride...

1994 Saturn SW1

Enjoy!

NAPALM-X
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

sub360´s are cool... but i coudnt hold my self from laughting the first time i saw it anywhere (wich was in gran turismo 2 :crazy:) unfortunly they are VERY (and i meen VERY) uncommon here...
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hey Napalm, Ya got any idea where I can find info on hydraulic struts and shocks for an early 90s J-body GM car?

My '93 Ponty Sunbird is Chevy Cavalier-based and I hear about people juicin' those alla time.

I can devise my own tank, solenoids and dump valves, but I'd rather not have to re-manufacture and machine a set of OEM struts from scratch. I know the kits are out there-I just can't seem to get a handle on prices and application and availability. I only need to find the actual uspension components.

'Preciate any info ya might be able to happen upon :wink:
NAPALM-X
Menace

Post by NAPALM-X »

Yer better off baggin it DB...

Air bags are less likely to fail than Hydros... and are less violent in regards to frame twistin'

I'll check into the Juice and the Bags fer ya and bring back some links

NAPALM-X
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hey! Thanks-I heard about bags-I wouldn't mind checkin' into those either...I understand the twistin' thing...but most people who install juice don't install any way to tell the pistons when to stop. A simple hydraulic pressure switch inline before each piston just like the ones on your power steering lines that bump up your idle when you turn your wheel too far. That would close the valves when a certain pressure was reached.

Most people that run juice just slap the parts on, hook 'em up and go-I'd rather run juice because of the harsh winters up here-granted, my convertible won't come out the garage uless the ground is dry, but there's always the chance the other car won't start and bags would deteriorate too fast under those conditions. I could use some info on both type systems tho.

;Preciate anything ya can find, man...I wanna be jumpin' come next summer :grin:
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Nice! Very informative-and even an example of a 'J' setup w/airbags.

Now if I could just figure out how to convert English Pounds to US dollars.
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

OMG DOODZ

ThIs Is ThE cAr I dRiVe EvErYdAy Of My LiFe To WoRk OMG!!!1

i ToOk ThAt PiCtUrE aT mY fAtHeR's QuArRy! FoR sErIoUsLy!!1 ReAlLy!!! I OwNz tHaT rIdE~!!1

...Fine. I'll shut up. But tell me that was any less believable than Kitteh's claims to owning a Viper.

That's right!

You can't.
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Absolutely. That was right on par :lol: :grin:
The JuDdErMaN
mechanic

Post by The JuDdErMaN »

Hi all

been away on holiday for a bit now i am back. bloody hurricane and earthquakes in the dominican has anyone ever been there ? if not do so its nice but make sure a hurricane aint heading your way and there aint no earthquakes to contend with.

i apologise now if someone has said this somewere here before but i have just got off the plane i have a bruised head from the lamp fitting coming off the wall in the earthquake and i got the screaming ab dabs from the oil soaked foreign food so bare with me here goes, did econobrick make one of them jelly mould suckers a while back? i think it was a yellow one with a black rag roof unless it could of been a beetle in a vaccuum former :smile:

i gotta go to bed

have a good one.......if not have a cold one

JUDDERMAN

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Et...Deehhhh..."Jelly Mould?"

Dunno what that is-although I assume it's on the roundish side?
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

You gotta go to bed at 8:30pm?

Or have you got like /extreme/ jet lag? :/
random_monkey
The JuDdErMaN
mechanic

Post by The JuDdErMaN »

was it 8:30 at night when i wrote that ? damn lol :smile:

dB you must of heard of the term jellymould before ? the shitroen 2cv is usually labelled as a jellymould .......or to some people just shitheap with a rifle loading action gear change bloody weird ideas the french come up with especially the citroen visa and others around that time with that really wired barrell looking thing off the steering column with all the switches on for everything it was huge you twisted it for one thing you pushed it for another, it was like fathoming out a rubix cube with an orange crate full of hornets and rabies infested chiwowas with lots of acidic needles in there mouths, lodged between your arse cheeks :smile: yes that did take some thought in trying to find a comparison for driving the car and using that stupid control thingy, the crate being the car.

anyroad were would the world be without ridiculous cars like this for us all to point and laugh at ?, bored maybe ?

cya all i think its late now, its dark outside so it must be night time or the oil depot up the road from me has been blown up filling the sky full of poisonous oil fumes :smile: either way i dont care itll be a quiet night and day.....

have a good one.......if not have a cold one

JUDDERMAN its getting kind of warm here.....
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Well, it's my first car! I drive a 1996 Hyundai Accent! It's small, but it's really comfy inside! Not a performences car, but well, I don't care... Since we can't drive over 100Km/h here! :smile:
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hey, don't knock it! That's a cool lil' car! My wife had a '95 Accent. Lil' sluggish with the A/C on but if ya cancel the AOD it's not too shabby. They customize nice, too.

Well, my lil' black Pontiac Lemans is gonna start livin' a new lifetime this weekend....I'm giving it to my stepson who is gonna prolly be ace-ing his driving test on the 14th.

I'm replacing it with an '87 Chevy R10 Stepside pickup. Got's me another V8 to play with :wink: It's only got 67k on it and one lousy rust hole in the right rear fender. Easy fix.

Time to start customizing again :grin:
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

Oh, shhhhhhhhhhh... I know you all want to see pictures of my truck so badly, you can hardly contain yourselves. That does seem to be the hot topic on this thread, anyway. 'Cuz it's all about me. Well, here ya go, ya filthy animals.

HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Don't get me wrong, I really like my little car... In fact, it was modded, really little of it by the first owner (I'm the third) There are false airvent on the hood, but it give it a good look, Mazda mags, yup you read right, Mazda mags, some blue lights fixed inside of the car, at the 4 sides and such... Well, the guy didn't do a good mod job, the blue lights aren't even connected to the electric box... Anyway... When I'll get the money, she'll have a complete new paint job, but I'll keep the false airvents I really like the look it give to my car... And well, the engine isn't modified a lot, only a bigger airfilter... Other youth with highly modified asian cars try to race me, cuz they think I have a heavily modified engine since my muffler is peirced... But until the cops say to me that it ain't right, I won't bother with it, cuz I don't have a lot of money...
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm... Ya got Maaco in Quebec? They do a good paintjob cheap!

Far as a muffelator goes, If the hole ain't too bad (crunchy, I mean), take ya a pop can and cut the ends off and sheetmetal screw the flattened leftovers over the hole with some stovepipe cement on it and the screws and it'll quiet it down and save ya some backpressure for awhile.

Failing that-head to the local parts store with 20 bucks and getya an econo-muffker that's got an inlet I.D. that's 1/8" bigger than the exhaust pipe yer puttin' it on-hacksaw the old one off right at the old inlet and clamp the new one on (not too tight-ya don't wanna warp the pipe or it'll leak), and prolly should replace the hanger, too (usually no more than 5 bucks.)

If ya know somebody with an air cutoff tool-even better than a hacksaw (torn-up knuckles really piss me off).

For $25 bucks, yer all nice and legal and yer trunk won't smell like exhaust... :grin:

If ya still want the exhaust note-a turbo muffler ain't that much either-it'll give ya a throatier exhaust note without splatter. (unless ya like that sound).

SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

I don't think we got Maaco here... Well, I gonna look at the muffler thingmagin after I repair/repaint the trunk door... Seems like the first owner had a wing there and someone decided to pull it away from the car, leaving 4 holes and a nasty bump. Me and dad repaired the bump as much as we were capable, and I got the paint and all the stuff needed, I just need the time now... :grin: What I really find funny is that when others (mostly young with asian cars) hear a loud rumbeling noise, they don't take the time to listen if it's a muffler prob or a highly modified engine... They just get the gaz pedals to the ground and try to race ya like if there was no tomorrow...
Anders
mechanic

Post by Anders »

I used to have a bmw 740 but now I don't have a car OR a license.. lol.. and im unhappy :mad:

I'll get my license back soon tho! :rockon:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

I used to have a bmw 740 but now I don't have a car OR a license.. lol.. and im unhappy
Bummer! I know how it goes, tho. I lost my license for 1 month when I was 17-driving an unregistered, uninsured motorcycle-learned the hard way-a man without his wheels is...like.....a hitch hiker :grin:
Anders
mechanic

Post by Anders »

hehe, yea, and for some mystical reason i just don't feel safe patroling the streets without a car around me :confused:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

"i just don't feel safe patroling the streets without a car around me"

Heh, yr not alone about that i can tell you... specialy if yr in stockholm... Its green light for the peds to cross the streat... then why did the guy infront of me get tutched (just a nudge noting more)by the car :crazy: so when im there i usualy travel to the destination underground... subways you know
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Anders
mechanic

Post by Anders »

You live in Sweden ? cool, Im from Norway :wink:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

wow... now we have peps from Finland (C2 scientist for example) sweden (Me and Tony and... hmm... forgott the name again) and Norway (congrats i think yr alone)

Hmm... it would be fun to make a Big image where there are arows pointing to where the peps live, always wanted to make one
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

[Norway (congrats i think yr alone)]

Heh, the only person in norway :wink:

[Hmm... it would be fun to make a Big image where there are arows pointing to where the peps live, always wanted to make one]

I've seen something like this working... you put yer lattitude and longitude values, and it put a dot on the map... kinda cool - I'll see if I can find it out somewhere
random_monkey
Anders
mechanic

Post by Anders »

well.. not the only one, but it's not exactly crowded over here either :wink:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Norway (congrats i think yr alone)

hmm... my bad sentencing strikes again... i obviusly ment that hes the only pep from Norway on the cwa board :tongue:
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

I so miss my old Fiat 128, it was the shiznit, but I love my Malaguti f-15

I love Italian rides...
Oblivion
turbo bastard

Post by Oblivion »

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.cwaboard.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1065448995Oblivion">

wow... now we have peps from Finland (C2 scientist for example) sweden (Me and Tony and... hmm... forgott the name again :shock:) and Norway (congrats i think yr alone)

Oblivion...eller Mikael. :oops:
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

and me from canada i think im alone :sad:
Still lazy.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Eh? I think there's a goodly few people here from Canada. Auto is if i remember right, and Econo that I know of.
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

I'm from there too! Although I'll say I'm from Québec before saying that I'm from Canada...
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

ah quebec it is really historic because im spending hour learin bout it in school and im have a feild trip up there soon anyway it will be greati get tot stay in a hotel and everything and this is for school
Still lazy.

Check who’s online