Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

= BY UGM = Why I Spammed = BY UGM =

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

= BY UGM = Why I Spammed = BY UGM =

Post by random_monkey »

Bleh, Firstly thanks to Random for putting this up for me.

Now Kruszchev is right, My usual ranting is because I'm drunk but the latest was not the case

I went off on a spam session "You all fucking suck" "A donkey's left nut" because I'm annoyed to see whats happened to the CWA and the carma communinty

Once there was over 50 websites all scraping for tid bits of news and pictures eagerly awaiting a playable demo, But since SCi ruined the game by letting Torus develope it instead of Stainless the scene has gotten fucked up

Now I quite like Torus, they are good guys, They looked after me well when I was doing the C3 Interview, But Carmageddon 3 is so far off base for the feel of the carmageddon series is a joke

Now I was still apart of this scene for a long time until I tryed to help some fucking n00bs with there modeling, I do have a cert 4 in 3d modeling, and got flamed for it, At that stage I thought this ain't fun no more, the scene is a pack of fucking n00bs, they all suck

98.35% of you really do fucking suck, some of the orignal guys here I still have a lot of respect for and I like Powdered_Toast_MAAAN cos he liked my work and remembers how much I put into this commuinty (Carma Service Station, C2 Models, Stakeboarder, Shopping Trolley, Pizza Van, Misc Crap)

Anyhow thats why I spammed cos most of you have fucked the scene, I enjoyed reading the Goooooooo Away!!! rants, I atleast had an effect

Tata, UGM
random_monkey
Econobrick
Stucco

hmmmm

Post by Econobrick »

Do they suck because he doesn't know them? I mean, you can't expect a place like this to stay the same for 6 friggin' years (i also know it used to be a hell of alot better than this) But, people just get tired of the game and move on to other things! (Not me though, I'm a freak! :smile:)

Either get used to the fact that there are going to be newbies joining fairly often and that most of the original 'cwa regulars' are long gone, Or just not visit this place!

What good does it do ANYONE to come in and spam about such things anyway?

He can do whatever he wants....i'm just sayin' as all... :smile:

And nothing towards RM either...but he knows that----i think! :grin:
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Re: hmmmm

Post by autopilot »

Hmm.. well I wasnt here as long as you two fellers, and most people here for that matter, but I dont think its all that bad, sure I never saw what it was really like back then - obvliously the anticipation and interest level must of been much higher so everything seemed more exciting and everything, but like econo said its been 6 years! I personally think it takes that long just to make things great. For instance look at some peoples add on content when c2 just came out.. it was all crap! - most people were new to it - like econos been modelling for 3 years now and look at how great his add on cars have been for the past year or so (and especially the last 6 months). I wish more people could be interested in c2 and continue to expand it, but normal people grow weary of it all! and just us "freaks" (ahem econo) flog it for all its worth.. and then some... and then some even more - as lame as it seems c2 is pretty much my life, alls i even do anymore is crash polygonal cars all day long. Im not really "accepted" in the real world and I dont even want to be apart of it anymore anyways, so what else can I do for what always feels like my final days? obvliously TDR was messed up I agree, but oh well, there is always c2 to go back to! or you can sit around and wait to see what the next carmageddon is like.. 2005 eh.. somehow I dont plan to live that long! and even if i somehow do my crummy computer wont be able to play it anyways!
Tortured-x
pedestrian

Post by Tortured-x »

ok, ok, let me get this right, you're all hyped up because an australian company made it, not a american or english company?
Boose
turbo bastard

Post by Boose »

Not because "an australian company made it", but because true carmageddon could be built only by Stainless themselfs, only they know ultimate carmageddon recipe. Hell... actualy everyone knows the recipe and it is DAMAGE, realistic, powerful system of damage. Torus didn't obey this rule and/or SCi didn't let them.

...all they had to do to build a better carmageddon is to make an even better damage system, cause that's what carmageddon is all about.
ImageImage
Beer galore!
Noggieca
hit n run

Post by Noggieca »

Hooray for progress! an the "n00bs" that increase it.

Personally I do like his past works. I like all the Carmageddon titles. And personally I feel that TDR (maybe its just me) runs a bit more stable than past releases (I am still working out the ATI Radeon Graphic issue for C2, heh yep I'm a n00b).

It seems to me that change is a good thing. It brings fresh ideas, rehashes old ones, and brings ingeneral more of a twist to the game in general.

And as for the "play and feel of the game" Well Its still reduces my stress levels, Carmageddon all versions is still Race, Kill your opponents, or Kill anything. And to me the motto still stands.

Race to win, Kill them to win, or Kill Senselessly and win. All in all fun for the chemically imballenced like me. :lol:
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

No doubt tdr is waaay more stable than previous editions of carma, sci should just give up their rights to carma and give it to a company that actualy gives a shit about what games are really about, not money.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

SCi people are like Bill Gate$... with the difference that they just have about 1/100000 of the money Gate$ has :lol:
PumaY2K out.

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Re: = BY UGM = Why I Spammed = BY UGM =

Post by Kruszchev »

hmmm... strange fella UGM is... anyway the newbs mab dont like his stuff coz its old... i used to have the scateboard and several things... they have a certaing novelty value for me atlest
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

Novelty value? They are AWESOME everyday objects not indended for novelty. Just sheer awesomeness! And destruction of pedestrians! yeah...
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Novelty and awsomness rating indeed
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeh, I'm a freak, too, Econo. I'm damn near forty and I still play Carma 1 religiously (enuf to make new cars for it, even.)

It's the 'feel' of the Carma environment. The ORIGINAL one.

Not so much the bright, sunny C2 one-although the damage rocks.

It relieves the stress for me as I drive for a living and follow the rules of the road all day-Then come home and raise bloody hell on the streets of Carma. Works for me better than any stupid grippy thing or those infernal knocker balls ya see on people's desktops.

It's that feel of being in a powerful vehicle and thinking....."I can get away with anything here!"

Anybody on this board ever kill somebody with a car or truck? Most likely not.

Have any of us ever wanted to?

You bet yer ass! Plenty o' times!

Them real-life peds and Sunday-drivin' phoneheads better thank whatever deity they answer to that we got Carma.

'Sure, UGM, nOObs are a pain inna ass-I was one of 'em.

Thass how we get to be vets.

They're who keep the board alive for so long.

They're the ones who make the cool new stuff eventually ('cause we won't do it for them :wink: )

Wa'ant fer nOObs-we wouldn't be here.

Why else keep up the board?

I been watchin' this board since I first got a copy of Carma 1.

Place was different then but nothing stays the same for long-it either gets better or it flops due to lack of interest.

Thank yer deity for nOObs- I do-I got a whole friggin' pile of cool C2 cars because of 'em.

'nuf said.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

exactly DB! I wanted to say something along those lines...but me no brain think good! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :smile:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Oh yeh... UGM. And just who the (all damn kinds of expletives deleted) are you to tell anybody they suck? :lol:

You don't know me-therefore, you're not QUALIFIED to judge me.

You got a cert 4 in 3D modeling? Good fer ya. I ain't got shit in modeling but people d/l my stuff anyways.

You oughtta be proud that ya got a certification and either volunteer to help people that don't know how to model or STFU about it and don't volunteer to help anybody.. Dig?

Makes sense now, don't it? Heh.

Nuthin' personal against ya, but it just sounds kinda immature of ya to basically say "I don't particularly like what I'm reading on this board or how some new people are interacting with me so I'm just gonna be a pain inna ass and screw up da board and piss everybody off." (BTW-I usually determine the age range and I.Q. of an individual by looking at how many times he/she uses the word "fuck" in a message and in what context it is used-'s a pretty good indicator.).

Not a good way to make a point. At least the one yer tryin' to make anyways.

Like I said in a previous thread, I can make a lotta noise from where I'm at but nobody really listens...

Not tryin' to pick a fight with ya either, but I think mebbe ya coulda made yer point in a less offensive way.

My lil' mini-Carma site on Yahell has got all kinds a nOObs on it.

They tell me they wanna learn how to do what I do (make stuff for C2).

I tell 'em best I can.

After all-the only stupid questions are the ones ya don't ask, right?!

How the heck else are ya gonna learn how to do it right?

I bet you annoyed the piss outta somebody at least once while YOU were learning how to model, dintya?

I'm sure we all did at one point.

There's the matter of me learning Max 3.1- I'll get to it eventually when I got the ambition and time to play with it.

Would you gimme a ton of crap if I asked you some questions that you considered basic common-sense knowledge but the answers to which would make me understand how it works?

I would really hope not.

I can use answers to my questions-I want crap? I can go to an AOL moron chat room and receive a truckload.

Hell, I could even accept you telling me that you would rather not take the time to go into answering me...no big deal, I'll just ask somebody else then. No problem, mon....

Now-mebbe I haven't been a reg'ed user here as long as you have, but I din't get asked to be a mod by being a prick.

(Basic note*- Play well with others and they'll ask you to play again sometime..)

Just my opinion, but mebbe some others out there will agree with me on this point.

matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

bacon is the source of all evil.

blame the bacon.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Then I'm damned for eternity 'cause I dig bacon :P
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

Goddamn! I must be one of those who "fucking suck"! I have been a fan of Carmageddon since the very first probably like most of you. I've only just joined the community because I have'nt long had a computer! And for him to say that...well...I don't know. And I think it's a lame excuse to spam.

If he made those things for carma then why did he spam. I think thats a lack of respect!!

Anyway thats my view.

No one probably agrees but...oh well
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

lack of respect... yeah

i agree to yr post... but then i dont care... i in person alow people to be as they are... as ususaly they have a reson to
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

(Posted by DB) You oughtta be proud that ya got a certification and either volunteer to help people that don't know how to model or STFU about it and don't volunteer to help anybody.. Dig?

(Posted by UGM) Now I was still apart of this scene for a long time until I tryed to help some fucking n00bs with there modeling, I do have a cert 4 in 3d modeling, and got flamed for it
random_monkey
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

HMMMMMMMMM!
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

(Posted by UGM) Now I was still apart of this scene for a long time until I tryed to help some fucking n00bs with there modeling, I do have a cert 4 in 3d modeling, and got flamed for it

OK, that was uncalled for then. Mebbe ya deserve to be pissed, but still-spamming is a helluva way to make yer point. NOObs or vets flamed ya?
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

TIMMY! am a fooking n00b, but hey its us n00bs that are keeping the carmageddon series alive, if noone downloaded econobricks, deep_blues etc.. etc.. cars, I dont think that they would bother even creating them. so, power to the n00bs! you wanna thank us
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Exactly my point, n3wton. :smile:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

"(Posted by UGM) Now I was still apart of this scene for a long time until I tryed to help some fucking n00bs with there modeling, I do have a cert 4 in 3d modeling, and got flamed for it"

Some noobs are noobs.... they are proud of what they made... as was i... but i dont think i ever sent them to anyone, or bragd about them... now when i look back... damn the things i created form the beggining SUCK (before the ragner cars... IE things that never was pubished :shock:)...

as just take a look at the counterstrile community... the realy good guys... usualy get banned from noob servers cuz the noobs think they are so good that noone can take them out... and when somone takes out a entire teem just cuz they are NOT cheating and are just plain good at the game... the noobs get pissed and ban them for cheating...

as another sample... 13 - 14 yr ol guys who say they drank up a entire bottle of vodka or whiskey wo getting drunk... just ignore them... or give them a reply that makes em look foolish... hehe... a guy at the city saw me and my pals get out from a bar... and he walks up to us and wanna brag about how mutch he can drink w/o getting drunk... haha... damn we laughted at him, and telling him that is prolly was water in the bottle anyway, after a while he got pissed and left...
Boose
turbo bastard

Post by Boose »

:grin:
ImageImage
Beer galore!
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

lol @ boose! thats it! powered by n00bs! :grin:
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Well, we all were n00bs at a time, even the creators of this place, they were new to the game, and the community was new, so they all were n00bs, yeah, Shoebappa, CWR, Boose, Beast, UGM, etc, you know who you are...

I was a n00b, and a very annoying one by the way, I mean, look at my first cars, they were shit, but I always wanted them to be hosted in big places... hah... that's the way we start
PumaY2K out.

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heh, ya don hit da nail right onna head, Boose :lol:
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

ouch! eek! yikes! moo! erk! :P~~~ It's life Jim... but not as we know it Ni! *positive karma* oink With a rubber duck... one's never alone -gribbit- hi MOM! hoohaa! I'm a Tigger, are you? nanoo nanoo BaDOOM! Mork calling Ork Yak! Whatever you do... DON'T PANIC! Grrr...
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

If you dont encourage newbies the 'scene' is bound to go stale, personally I found great satisfaction in giving people a pointer in the right direction and promotion on their work back in website days, and i found the creators and users usually appreciated a nice rounded review to give people an idea what they'd actually get out of every car and its individual merits. Carma City didnt just host big name models, I personally found that the newer the person the less encumbered by the limitations of the game they were and hence the more creative their ideas could be, and a great idea didnt need flawless execution to be fun. So actually, boose's cool lil pic wasn't far off IMO.

Personally, I don't see much of a problem with UGM either tho I like him, but as far as spamming goes, he's wasn't very good at it :wink: Everyone gets in a tizzy sometimes and personally I just found it amusing, if you chose to be offended by it or irritated then I'm suprised you play carmageddon, tho' i accept if everyone did it would make decent conversation that much harder. Alas, most of you need to relax a bit more and keep things in context.

*quick! I saw ugm stash a WMD in his shoe cupboard!*
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

puma... i agree to that, a thing that has botherd me is... When is the noob state past, and when do ya get to be a "oldies" in the Inet world
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

TIMMY!!!
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

well yeah... TIMMMY!!!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

......"TimmAAAAH!!".................
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

:Timmy says: Livolau livolau livolau

Check who’s online