Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

doom3 alpha leak

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Aaron
turbo bastard

doom3 alpha leak

Post by Aaron »

Everyone has it- that is except fur me... :sad: so my question is, where can I get it- besides kazaa, because it sucks incredibly. anybody know of an ftp that I can access, or a foreign site that hasn't been forced to remove it? if so, PLEASE O GOD tell me.

P.S. This shouldn't be considered warez because it was never oficially released, should it??? :oops:
What's Carmageddon?
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Re: doom3 alpha leak

Post by Mad Max RW »

It is actually considered warez.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

doom 3... never playd it... but i remember the first doom... coudnt decide if i wanted to play C1, quake 1 or doom 1...

yuhuu... my nr 900 post
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

It is actually considered warez

You pessimist! :tongue:
What's Carmageddon?
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Can't really understand why everyone complain about Kazaa. I run Kazaa Lite 2.1.0 (K++, Built 3), and I like it. It's my only alternative I guess *56k-modem* :wink: Sometimes hard to find mp3's that aren't so well known..
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

Not Kazaa in general, just stupid people like to name certain files certain things, and judging by all the talk on the net, not many of the Kazaa sources are very good as far as doom 3 alpha goes. { but actually, speaking of kazaa in general, there's always the possibility of someone not letting you upload.
What's Carmageddon?
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

I can't tell you where to get it but I can tell you it's exactly 364 MB. Stay away from a file of any other size.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Aye, many thanks, Max. I don' wanna pick up any bugs...
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Haha, now I follow. Yep, you're right, the world is filled with stupid people. And you know what, the last one isn't even born yet :wink:

By the way.. my zipped Doom3 Alpha a friend of mine gave me is 368mb, but that may be because he zipped it himself one day.
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

The 364 mb file is a .rar file, named "doom_iii.rar" so if you do go to kazaa to d/l it, don't look for "alpha leak" or anything, look for doom_ii.rar. But it's larger zipped because winrar lets you compact files even more- wh.. wait a minute, you say you have it- can i get it? :beer:
What's Carmageddon?
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Even if you do find it there's a really good chance it will run like crap. The demo previewed at last year's E3 was tested on one machine.
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

It actually runs pretty well for me. I tried running it on both a GeForce 2 Ti, and a Radeon 9700 Pro, and I got a decent framerate with each one.

The filename that I saw it go by on kazaa was "doom3.e3-demo-alpha-leak.exe". There's also a file called "doom_iii_alpha FIX.exe" that has a couple of fixed exe files to make the menu work correctly.

This is gonna be one kick-ass game.

Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Yeah, it runs pretty sweet for me on 1024x768.

Do not waste your time with so called "menu fixes" or whatever. There are specific instructions on how to play the demo: http://doomiii.tv/doom_3_alpha_info.php
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

Yeah, it runs pretty sweet for me on 1024x768

Are you fucking lying???!!!

it was only getting 30 (!) fps on the radeon 9800 and probably like a 3ghz p4 at...

800x600

when the alpha test came out!! what kinda rig you haulin there max!?

But anyways about the subject, I guess nobody's gotten it anywhere except for kazaa? :confused:
What's Carmageddon?
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

The alpha demo does run well on random computers. You can have somekinda brand new radeon whatever with a few dozen ghz and the demo will run like crap. You can also have a geforce 3 and it'll run smooth at a decent resolution. It isn't optimized at all for public use.

Check who’s online