Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Pics of my now dead Chrysler 300

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Slayer
hit n run

Pics of my now dead Chrysler 300

Post by Slayer »

here's a few pics of a '79 chrysler 300 i bought a few months ago if anyone is interested in seein' 'em. I bought it for it's heart, a cop car spec 360 to put in my mirada. At first i was after a 383 from a '68 newport but the guy wanted 600 and that deal fell threw..anyways, It came out of a junkyard where it was sittin for a few years, had a rollback haul it home for 200 bucks. i would have liked to have saved it, but it was REALLY rough, this pics don't really show all the rust, the passenger side was way worse. Other than the parts i needed , a saved a few things from it, i'd like to get a similar one sometime down the road, or any 75-79 cordoba really. They're pretty rare.. one year only deal, about 2500 made all together and only a about 200 with T-tops like this one, only came in one color white with a red interior. It's in that big junkyard in the sky now, got crushed last month..even though i only owned for 6 weeks or so, it was a sad sight to see it go :smile: eventually i'll make this beast for C2 as well

Chrysler FIREpower:) crashoc
doomandemol
69et01

Re: Pics of my now dead Chrysler 300

Post by doomandemol »

:smile:
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

heh, i wish i knew 1/10 as much as some of you guys do when it comes down to the insides of cars
@ob
road raged psycho

Post by @ob »

wow verry nice... my uncle had a '81 impala big loud an old (i feel it was the loudest impala around)

i got pics of it as soon as they get scand i will show u

the story:

my uncle did workin on the extirior panols (grindin them doun an putin fiberglass an stuff to fill in the holes then doin it again an again etxetx

i was there helpin an washin an makin sure it was clean at the end

i cleand all the ruber... an i wanned to wash the chrome

and then.... it gets hit by a huge 4x4 and the frame bends an its all dead :sad:

now at Xmas i get the logos the CHEVROLET and the impala
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Well, TDA-That ain't too hard to learn. Takes awhile tho. All that's required is an older car with parts that wear out and not enough money to pay the astronomical shop labor rates nowadays. Ya learn fast out of necessity. 'S how I did. I never intended to be a mechanic-it just worked out that way 'cause I could only afford parts and not labor.

Ya see enuf of a certain problem or assembly and pretty soon it sticks with ya-so when somebody else says "My car seems to start real hard and I smell gas and it idles real rough even after it warms up." You can say "Ah! I had the same problem once and after beating ma head agin' the fender for a couple days I found that the fuel injectors weren't working properly because the ECM wasn't getting the proper information from the engine sensors because the negative battery cable connection where the main ECM ground connects on the engine block was loose and corroded because I ran over some debris in the road about 3 weeks ago that bounced up and knocked the cable loose and then it just corroded and caused extra resistance in the circuit that caused the ECM to read incoming data wrong so the ECM thought the car was in warm-up mode all the time instead of just when it was cold-all ya gotta do is clean and tighten that ground connection and it'll work OK again".

Notice a pattern there? Most car problems are "for want of a nail", so to speak. They happen for some stupid little reason and then they just get worse incrementally-so slowly that you adapt to them without thinking about it until the problem progresses to the point where serious driveability problems happen and THEN ya gotta do something about it 'cause yer giddyup won't go.

That's how most mechanics learn-shade tree or professionals. Another good way to supplement yer knowledge is to go to a local garage and find the greasiest guy there (Make sure he's not the one behind the counter out front-I mean in the garage) and ask him alla the questions you can.

Then go to another garage and do the same thing 'cause everybody's experiences and solutions are different.

The only dumb questions are the ones you DON'T ask.

I learned most of what I know that way-by talking to people who have already figured it out-most guys are more than happy to teach somebody what they know 'cause they're proud of what they do.

I also learned as I needed to as problems arose with ma cars.

Even if yer a high-class yuppie-type, it doesn't hurt to know something about the thing that carries yer ass down the road.

I've passed many a hoity-toity individual standing next to his dead Expedition or Mercedes on the roadside scratching his head-and if I happen to be feeling particularly benevolent that day, I'll stop and help him out-and if I get him going again, I'll show him what I did so he can do it himself the next time he's on the interstate at 10:00 at night with nobody around to help.

Because I was lucky enough to have someone do that for me once or twice. I figure-we all gotta get down the road so why not help each other out on occasion?

'Sides...them rich guys almost always wanna pay ya for yer trouble-that's how THEY fix things, ya know-and that don't hurt none either :wink:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online