Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Show Us Your Ride

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Re: Show Us Your Ride

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

I don't mean to sound gay, but, DB... I think I love you! Just so happens my Dad has a siren in reasonable cond. heh... this should be fun!
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

Post by Forsaken Brolly »

i know about the flared tail pipes. im just sayin....it looks like somebody just put those pipes on the PICTURE.......just stare at em..........shit i dunno, mabey my eyes are fucking up....
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Hello! I drive this vehicle daily:

I prefer my beetle, but working heat, the ability to break the speed limit and a radio was just too tempting for daily travel :supermad: :supermad: :supermad: :supermad: :rofl:
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm.. Dis here is da one I keep locked up lately. (Check ze attachment)

Couldn't find my new pics but here's one from before we cut da big-ass hole inna hood. :grin:

Much more fun driving da convertible these days-it gets way too hot inna ol' Ford in da summertime.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Slayer
hit n run

Post by Slayer »

of course there's dad's/mine 67 chrysler newport 4dr hardtop with a stout 440

and here's my 80 dodge mirada that i got last year, not perfect, but not bad. it's currently powered by chrysler "leaning tower of power" slant six which runs great, but i'm building a '79 360 from a 300 for it, i'm shootin' for around 330hp and i think i'll get there. if you're interested at all the plan is: comp cams XE268H cam 224/230 duration @.050 .477/.480 lift, kb 107 pistons good for about a 9.3 compression ratio, weiand action intake, redone heads with 2.02/1.60 valves, a holley 670 street avenger carb and 1 5/8 hedman cheapo headers

Chrysler FIREpower:) crashoc
Camarogeddon
driver

Post by Camarogeddon »

Have been skidding around with this thingy for a few years now... am currently saving money for an '87 camaro for next year, as this one is starting to show signs that it's 23 years old.

specs: '80 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon, 305 engine, 350 tranny and about 10 kilos of rust.

(as they salt the roads like crazy in norway in the winters rust tend to grow 50fold in a winter....)

Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

Well i am only 14 so i dont have a real car but still ill show ya my RC rig,

She has a tuned pipe thats strapped to a 23cc chainsaw engine, she goes about 55-60 mph and is big enough to snap your legs in two on impact :wink: :tongue: :crazy:.

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

been thinking of bying a car like that one, or mebe a Dodge roadmaster... whitout rust offcorse... but then only for summer use... as they like to salt the road here in sweden aswell during winters... it eat´s up the car in a week... damn our Volvo 855 has rust marks on the hood after the winter :crazy: and on the door... my dad hates the quality of the car... it realy suck
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
JaggedEdge
hit n run

Post by JaggedEdge »

Deep, I just wanted you to know that I followed the advice in your signature to the word in removing my plenum cover lol.

broken plenum cover.
[SpiKe]
hit n run

Post by [SpiKe] »

I'm 14 too, this is my R/c car, not the best on the world but... meh, I like it :grin:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Apex, fuck - that is sexy!

As is yours DB, hell - I wish I could drive :wink:
random_monkey
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

I know that wallpaper has been up since i was like 6 or 7, its getting stripped in september, i am gonna have orange walls. :tongue:

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmmm..Edge-dude, linky no worky...

Hadda see it the hard way....Ah! There it is! Hmm...somethin' to be said for making sure the guide bosses are all lined up, eh? On stuff like that, always use a 1/4" drive ratchet with a short handle and turn it with your weakest hand, preferably on a weird angle so's ya can't over-crank it. Those bolt torques are usually measured in inch-pounds.

If it uses a gasket, try putting some compression spacers (little ring-y lookin' things made of aluminum) in the bolt holes of the cover before ya put the bolts back in and ya won't crush the gasket too much.

That and if ya got an aluminum casing and ya strip the holes, the top 1/2 of the holes will only be stripped out-if ya get a 1/8"-1/4" longer bolt same threads and pitch-ya can reuse the threads at the bottom of the hole where the original bolt didn't reach-blind bolt-holes always give ya extra threads at the bottom and compression spacers make sure they stay that way til ya need 'em :wink:

I ended up with a brand new '88 Lemans with 200629 miles on it by following that philosophy :grin:

R_M, that's the previously mentioned '46 Ford. Bought it from a guy on the net a couple years ago and made a coupla changes to it since.

For starters, the flames are finished in the also aforementioned Kandy Tangerine Metal Flake and Pearlescent Purple Imron (Yes, you can still get Imron-you just have to have it custom mixed and it costs more nowadays).

Also there is the matter of the great big whacking hole inna hood to make room for the Weiand roots blower that now resides on toppa the 455 that lives in there.

She goes to the shows mostly nowadays and then gets covered up inna garage at at buddy's house (Mine looks like a bomb went off in it right 'bout now I been so busy wrenchin' I ain't had the time to clean the scrap outta it :P

Ricers see that at a stop light shaking and rumbling, they just pretend it doesn't exist, heheh...NONE of 'em have ever challenged me.

(I dunno if I'd take it anyways-might scratch that paint an' that means days of touchup work.)

Camarogeddon-I see ya got you a gen-you-wine "War Wagon", Heh...can't bust 'em :wink:

Apex-did you do the louvers onna hood or'd ya get it like dat? We could use somebody 'round these parts who knows howta cut louvers... Where ya at anyways? Mebbe I could farm out some work to ya!

People pay beaucoup bucks for good louvers.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

PTM, I unnerstand completely, dude. Nobody knows a thief like an old thief :wink:

I used to hang out with a buncha road warrior gearhead types back mebbe 15 years ago. Once I swiped a Holley 750 double-pumper while one a my buddies was chattin' the car's owner up behind the car.

Pity...never got to see the look on da poor bastid's face when his car wouldn't start....

Anyways, just find ya a spot unner da hood where dat siren fits and fuse it close to the bomb...er...I mean BATTERY 'cuz it draws a bit of amperage but only on startup kinda like a good stereo amp.

Then ya put a relay onnat siren to isolate it from the switches (any fog-lamp relay will work).

Wire two mercury-bulb switches (or as many as ya want) to the positive side a the relay coil-get ya some small conduit clamps and cut an old bicycle innertube (to pad the glass bulbs from the clamp) and wire those switches in parallel with the hot lead on the relay coil (so if any one or all of them makes contact, the siren goes off.

Mount on switch on the vehicle's X axis, one on the vehicle's Z axis. This way if someone tries to jack up any corner of yer car from any direction-one or all of the switches is likely to make contact.

(Also likely to set it off if somebody pounds one a them sockets on that locking lug).

You can get mercury bulb switches at any Radio Shack store or similar electronics parts supplier.

The conduit clamps keep 'em aligned and steady.

Just make sure ya got a kill switch on yer relay or the damned thing will go off as soon as ya get in the car :lol:

Ya can hook it up to any accessory lead from a car alarm or anything that energizes when the ignition is off. That way it automatically disarms when ya turn on the ignition switch or disable the alarm.

(You can use any alarm unit-just don't hook up the horn lead-make it run yer relay instead.

Ya can also add an extra pin switch in the driver's door jamb right next to the stock one so if anybody opens the door the next thing they'll be doing is figuring out where's a soft spot to land when da siren goes off-NOBODY ignores those old wind up and stay up sirens.

I can draw ya an electrical schematic diagram of the system I got in mind and ya already got the main part-the rest is peanuts .

FB, YOurEyeS aRe PRolLy FucKING uP. :grin: Those look like flared pipes to me. Just the discoloration and the photo angle make 'em look hokey.

It's like starin' at a far off target down a rifle barrel for too long. You stare at those pipes long enuf and they'll actually start movin'. Mebbe even disappear.

I've had some 1000 meter targets do that on occasion.

Apex, What state is Beaverton in? I know lotsa people who would trailer their car there to get that work done.

Ah! I see ya gots da fuzzy dice, too...Very good! Car ain't a car without 'em (Check da convertible Ponty). :wink: :grin:
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

I used to live in Portland when I was younger.

Anyways, if yer movin' to florida we'll be onna same coast anyways-people won't have to drive far.
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

JaggedEdge
hit n run

Post by JaggedEdge »

DeepBlue...

I needed the cover off, so i shot it up with liquid wrench and pb blaster for 4 days and 4 nights, and i used an impact driver. I got 5 of 6 screws out, and when it came down to it, and I bought some screw outs from Sears and it ended up completely stripping the screw beyond repair, i wasn't going to drill and risk hitting my valve cover, so i just broke it off and am getting a new one (with screws) shipped out to me for free.
GIBona
driver

Post by GIBona »

i drive a Renault Fuego GTA

made in argentina. :cool:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

uh-huh...I see where my philosophy came into play:

"This's gotta come off'n here NOW an' I don't really care HOW it comes off-but as god is my witness this bugger is comin' right the christ off if it's the last thing I accomplish on this earth!"

*As he swings the sledgehammer towards the engine*

Yup. Didja ever notice that there's ALWAYS ONE BOLT that doesn't wanna cooperate?

Not two, not four, but ONE LOUSY BOLT.

I've busted lotsa stuff 'cause a that damned bolt. :grin:

G.I. Bona- I hope you got yer insurance paid up, dude. My experience says to me that the words "French" and "Car" don't belong in the same sentence when your talking Fuegos.

In a previous post I mentioned that there's a damned good reason that they named that car "Fuego".

If I'm not mistaken, "Fuego" is the Spanish word for "Fire".

The car eventually lives up to it's name.

'Least alla the ones I've seen-they were kinda popular in the U.S. back in the late 80s.

Mebbe they build 'em better when they're shippin' 'em to Argentina, but the ones that came here had beaucoup electrical defects. Seems they took a lesson from Ford on how to wire the steering column wiring harness. If I remember correctly goes up in flames because of an unfused hot wire to the ignition switch. Switch eventually wears out causing that hot contact inside to short directly to ground thru the switch lock cylinder causing the dashboard to melt into your lap.

If you drive a Fuego, then you are truly a suicide jockey.

Noggieca
hit n run

Post by Noggieca »

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Well My Subaru is no more :sad: I made the mistake of parking it on the street so I could retar the driveway.

There was some drunk idiot speeding along in his F150. Down a residential street, with kids playing near by and even next door. It was 8AM (drunk at 8AM) when he hit my parked car, launching it into the spruce tree in my front yard. Yep its totaled :sad:.

The idiot "tried" to keep on going but with one front wheel missing it was hard to. He ended up in the neighbours yard (yep the one with the kids) parked on her rose bushes. Luckily the kids ran to tell there parents about the crash.

The F^#$ IDIOT tried to walk away from the scene. Kinda hard with blood all over his face. But when my neighbour 3 doors down confronted him. The Idiot took a swing at him. Well a counter later and the IDIOT was on the ground squeeling in pain from the armbar the off duty cop neighbour 3 doors down had him in. :lol:.

Well at least now I know my neighbours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did I know all this that happened. Well I was watching the whole thing stunned. My brother, who was helping me with the driveway, said it was like I was frozen.

So anyone got any ideas as to what car I should get with the insurance money?

I was thinking something like a Mazda Prodige 5

Or maybe I'll spring the extra for a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8

If you are going to make a suggestion remember I want one that is sporty, but also can handle a family of 4.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

the Evo 8 looks pants, no objections to the Mazda though, looks quite spifferific...
random_monkey
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

JaggedEdge
hit n run

Post by JaggedEdge »

93-95 touring edition mazda rx-7 twin turbo *cough*

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Why...Methinks yer right, Apex! Hey, G.I. Ya got some good-ass suspension for parkin' half onna curb. Da car doesn't even lean any.

I want some suspension like dat :smile:

Oh, BTW-Ya left a coupla people inna car, dude. (Attachment-*Contrast enhanced* ) Ya might wanna crack the windows a bit and let 'em out sometime for a stretch and a piss :wink:
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

If you want something sporty, good-looking and big enough for a family of 4, cant go wrong with a Mazda 6.
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

Its not sporty but, Chevy Blazer/silverado anything chevy :tongue:

Check who’s online